Airline crack, annoying little bast&£d

Joz

Just recently plastered a living room ceiling 7mby4m it originally had a dividing archway that was removed.
Anyway i plasterboard the archway gap. Taped the joints, pva the original plaster. 2 coat skim full ceiling. (had no heating as rads were dropped).
3 weeks later radiators back on and a airline crack has appeared were the arch was. Do you think its heat and movement?

I'v tried easyfill 20 but its come back again. Also doesn't help have led lights beaming down the ceiling.

Wood fitted to every side of the fitted plasterboard in the ceiling? I always fit timber all the way around, and screw both original and new board all the way around. I also seal the board edges with Pva both original and new. Tape and skim. Done this for 25+ years with no problem. If you don't this happens.
sf8suA6.jpg

Just recently plastered a living room ceiling 7mby4m it originally had a dividing archway that was removed.
Anyway i plasterboard the archway gap. Taped the joints, pva the original plaster. 2 coat skim full ceiling. (had no heating as rads were dropped).
3 weeks later radiators back on and a airline crack has appeared were the arch was. Do you think its heat and movement?

Bendy upstairs floor?
Had a similar thread last week? If there was an arch there, there's pobably a 3by2 supporting the entirety of the upstairs above it.
Like joz says, overboard entire or Wayners crazy nogginise/plate it to death. Sounds expensive but if cost is to high then walk away. At least then you don't have someone screeching at you and telling everyone that you're a shite plasterer (not that I'm saying you are, or that she is...);)

Did you use paper tape over crack,,, I have stopped using fibre over any large cracks as they can re appear as said in other threads.

Did you use paper tape over crack,,, I have stopped using fibre over any large cracks as they can re appear as said in other threads.
To be honest I haven't used paper tape.
Will try this method next time.
Thanks

To be honest I haven't used paper tape.
Will try this method next time.
Thanks
Neither did I until a couple of ceilings like you crack opened up again,,, partion removal line, ,,done quite a few since then in paper,, ,no issue's to date.

Try putting 2 pack filler in the crack the decorator I know says it'l never crack again might be the quickest fix for u but if the joists are bouncing gonna be hard to stop