Airless Vid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry

Private Member
Hi guys just posted a new airless vid which shows the process.

[video=youtube_share;95zOWM9IfzI]http://youtu.be/95zOWM9IfzI[/video]

Any questions?

Impressive! Where can I get information on the sprayer and materials used? Does it still require wet trowels etc as normal plaster?

Is it used for quality of finish? Seems like quite a bit of work when you could box them joints in minutes.

Last edited:
Used to spray alltek airless like this over textured paint & stippled artex on ceilings 20 odd year ago if anyone remembers that stuff?

Airless is for m2 areas right? Not jointing. as mentioned, standard set of ames tools for that job

I agree with that. This system is great for large areas and ideally the tapes would be put up with a bazooka.

Knauf bought out Alltek a few years ago. This system is standard in most of Europe and they are making progress with the main contractors here. Just of to finish a sample for Crest Nicholson and BDL

Hi ds1990

the products are manufacturered by Knauf ... the machine can be a Graco Mark V or Wagner

If you want more info just give me a call 07767118988

Regards

Michael

Business Development Manager - Finishes
Knauf

Even though I make a fair living out of drylining, I truly believe that taping is a poor finish. You don't seem to have filled the tapers out on your first cost, so are you not getting shrinkage on them? And once you've sprayed that pissy first coat through the spray gun, are you not just pushing it around the surface of the board with your trowel? Just an observation mate, not criticising.

Definitely interested in this, like the fact that you don't have to lay on.

How come you are not using a spat? Surely you could get a 800 on that instead of using the trowels and have it flattened in 3 times quicker.

Even though I make a fair living out of drylining, I truly believe that taping is a poor finish. You don't seem to have filled the tapers out on your first cost, so are you not getting shrinkage on them? And once you've sprayed that pissy first coat through the spray gun, are you not just pushing it around the surface of the board with your trowel? Just an observation mate, not criticising.

They are not tapered boards. The material is not pissy, trowels in like plaster. I find most boards have a rise before the tapered edge which causes issues. I must say knauf boards seem to eliminate this however even if we do get shrinkage the next two coats of airless eliminates this if any shrinkage does occur

Trust me Tony this finish is better then gypsum skim.

Last edited:
Knauf did not buy out Alltek they manufacturer all there own product I found out today. my bad

Definitely interested in this, like the fact that you don't have to lay on.

How come you are not using a spat? Surely you could get a 800 on that instead of using the trowels and have it flattened in 3 times quicker.

I'm a plasterer and a trowel just feels right and I have more control to flatten neatly if you know what I mean. Spat on a pole for ceilings all day long though :)

They are not tapered boards. The material is not pissy, trowels in like plaster. I find most boards have a rise before the tapered edge which causes issues. I must say knauf boards seem to eliminate this however even if we do get shrinkage the next two coats of airless eliminates this if any shrinkage does occur

Trust me Tony this finish is better then gypsum skim.
So it's three coats then Do you sand it? Or trowel it?

Nice vid curry.

Could have done without seeing the crack of yer ass at 5.04 - 5.07 though!:RpS_thumbdn:

Defo need a bazooka to fill that monster void!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

I'm a plasterer and a trowel just feels right and I have more control to flatten neatly if you know what I mean. Spat on a pole for ceilings all day long though :)

lol are you sure you're a plasterer? spraying easyfill on the wall ;)

To be honest I don't know what you mean I got my spat today used it on both ceiling and walls and cant see how I would need anymore control it flattened in lovely.

Airless is insane.... industry killer??? quite possibly

I have seen it a few times and used it at @knauf and i have to say I was impressed with it... would I use it in my own house? I dont know... but it looks like it will do the trick on site :D

Last edited:
Doesn't the second bloke trust the first bloke? He goes straight over his work. Then is that finished? Or does more trowelling happen? Informative video tho Mr Curry. Keep em coming

lol you spend thousands on the machines yet wont spend 80-100 quid for a banjo which will speed things up more ?

I have a banjo, but ill never be as quick as a taper with a bazooka that does it day in day out

Airless is insane.... industry killer??? quite possibly

I have seen it a few times and used it at @knauf and i have to say I was impressed with it... would I use it in my own house? I dont know... but it looks like it will do the trick on site :D

Ill have it all day long in my house its far superior

Tape it, spray it, flatten it, spray it, flatten it. Sand as needed which is hardly at all

No I don't trust no one yet, he's still a trainee so im checking his work. He's almost up to speed now though :)

No more troweling just a brush in to corners and a light sand

Im just sorting out bring this to the UK for the first time

[video=youtube_share;77VBcnvanuY]http://youtu.be/77VBcnvanuY[/video]

******* awsome

Status
Not open for further replies.