airless sprayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

skim_I

Hi guys any of you had any experience with the airless sprayers for skim coats. Any good or not ???

We have used them. Personally my experience was the system is not much quicker than a skimmed finish by a good 2+1 gang. You have to tape the joints out and screw heads then give it 2 coats.

The finish is much better with sunligt across it and imperfections can be easily repaired. The system also expands to have an actual painted coloured surface that requires no further decoration.

There is something about using an airless machine though that is so precise and easy to use and there is definitly a place for them.
If you had a house that required overskimming then the system of spraying ready mixed plaster straight over the old skim would be far speedier than bond it and skim

Yeah, The materials that go through them do not require cleaning every day because they are air drying compounds and will not dry in the pipes or gun or hopper if you cover it.

for your paint ian http://www.all-wall.com/New-Items/Graco-TrueCoat-Pro-Cordless-Sprayer;jsessionid=jT7yMy8Q7dT9ZKhV2NG8TCk391mJmTnW6jvnSVzG6HTmCN2kGSxxVJjDWVvrpyNzGTNlbLJFg44m1Bn17XdfrWtcLJfQLCLWqpJB2P6ghv7M7P72WLnMbYbQ1Wt24vGv!932146940

that airless sprayer would be good for painting pvc windows in colour where you want to avoid brush marks etc

grand wizard said:
for your paint ian http://www.all-wall.com/New-Items/Graco-TrueCoat-Pro-Cordless-Sprayer;jsessionid=jT7yMy8Q7dT9ZKhV2NG8TCk391mJmTnW6jvnSVzG6HTmCN2kGSxxVJjDWVvrpyNzGTNlbLJFg44m1Bn17XdfrWtcLJfQLCLWqpJB2P6ghv7M7P72WLnMbYbQ1Wt24vGv!932146940

I had a leaflet through from Leyland with that cordless sprayer on, and it's over £500 + vat in this country.

Sorry Ian, didn't see you'd already said that. Can I be your echo please?

lets say you have some sexy new dark grey or black aluminium bifold doors fitted to the back of your house......but all your other windows are white upvc. Rather than have to change them all to alumunium at great cost you could prime them with ESP primer then mask up and use this sprayer to spray them blemish free with a good quality satin paint in the same ral colour as ur doors and voila, a matching set at a fraction of the cost

Status
Not open for further replies.