Airless and Fermacell

Members online

StevDev1

Newbie here, doing a large self-build in S.Devon where we have lined walls and ceilings with Fermacell. Has anyone any experience of spraying airless plaster onto Fermacell? Thanks

Spray FST? I was hoping for a more traditional high quality finish but also one that was relatively quick given the size of the project.

Spray FST? I was hoping for a more traditional high quality finish but also one that was relatively quick given the size of the project.
Nothing wrong with the finish of FST if done properly. It’s harder than other airless products.

My issue with FST, is all the pre-joint and screw hole filling on some 2000 sq.m plus the external corners are vulnerable to damage so looking to use corner beads and either skim or preferably spray.

My issue with FST, is all the pre-joint and screw hole filling on some 2000 sq.m plus the external corners are vulnerable to damage so looking to use corner beads and either skim or preferably spray.
You’re confusing yourself now.

You won't be skimming fermacell without pre gritting it 1st mate . Its not recommended for skimming it cracks its b*ll***s off. But we did a few hundred mtrs and used blue grit to kill the su ton then pva on that never again it was to go over some other clowns shite skimming that all shelled off . Best to spray it definitely