Air vents from chimney brests

Members online

Shaunw987

Recently moved into an older house that has had a chimney breast closed up. It’s has an air vent on the downstairs living room and also has one in bedroom directly above the living room. I was wondering if it would be possible to dob and dab over the air vent so there would be a small amount of room for ventilation behind the plasterboard, or would this cause damp? Just don’t want the vents in the rooms
Thanks

Recently moved into an older house that has had a chimney breast closed up. It’s has an air vent on the downstairs living room and also has one in bedroom directly above the living room. I was wondering if it would be possible to dob and dab over the air vent so there would be a small amount of room for ventilation behind the plasterboard, or would this cause damp? Just don’t want the vents in the rooms
Thanks
Yes

Sorry, can't resist

There you go..Johnny j has done it no problem......

If you do encounter any issues down the line...feel free to give him a call and he will come out prompt to remedy the issue for you (y)
Tapit will forward you his address details

There you go..Johnny j has done it no problem......

If you do encounter any issues down the line...feel free to give him a call and he will come out prompt to remedy the issue for you (y)
giphy (13).gif

Thanks
If you go to a decent Architecural Ironmongers you can pick up some good ,all period , styles in vents ..... inbrass.co.uk for example. I take out a lot of fireplaces, it makes a big difference to the look of the finished work as oppossed to the bog standard plastic or brass ones . Cheers

Theres a vent upstairs and a socket inside so weather that helps I dont know
Imo, those plaster vents were built in to compensate for the fact that none of the houses had GCH, parifin was common and gas burners, caused a lot of damp and condensation. I would remove those ones ,as in, you have have a dry house with the new heating systems . The are ugly and a bit pointless. Thats only my take on it though !

You have a sence of humor ! ...9.5 out of ten !! (y) :ROFLMAO:
Was going to deduct 9 points for your affair with Boris ! But hey, "f**k !" , ! .I sounded like the Fonze there ! Nightmare city !, Thats Lurpacks job after all :ROFLMAO: ! Hovever it is Friday, the points must stand ! ;) Have a good one and give my regards to your mum X

Imo, those plaster vents were built in to compensate for the fact that none of the houses had GCH, parifin was common and gas burners, caused a lot of damp and condensation. I would remove those ones ,as in, you have have a dry house with the new heating systems . The are ugly and a bit pointless. Thats only my take on it though !
You dont see it

dont put a vent in and see how it goes, if you get a damp breast, vent it, easy as that. thread closed.
tapit tip no.34.

dont put a vent in and see how it goes, if you get a damp breast, vent it, easy as that. thread closed.
tapit tip no.34.
Hold on , not enough " debate "

And I thought technically you had to state " pi55 and wind " first so it doesn't count