Air source heat pumps

Tinytom

Has anyone got experience with air source heat pumps?
I’m moving this month and the property is ready for a new boiler, I’m just looking into the possibilities of an air source heat pump.
anyone got one? Did you get government grants? Are they any good? Benefits? Downsides?
thanks

I had one back in 2010 we had nothing but problems there was very limited engineers then and it just wasn't being installed correctly so running in efficiently, things have changed now loads of engineers nearly every new build I work on has one fitted,
The voucher scheme definitely covers them.

Must be something to them, as they're very popular for heating swimming pools and koi ponds.

They are notoriously underspec'd though, which can cause a lot of disappointment for people who don't know to pay a bit extra to 'overspec' their unit.

Cost a fortune initially and use electric to run. Load of s**t IMO
I think if it's a new build or your already going to do a garden landscape it's a much more viable option , highly insulated new builds coupled with heat recovery ventilation ( with carbon filters ) is more suitable for most
Retro systems are usually not a good return , best option is to wear a jumper lol

On a slightly different tack, been doing my mates house up room by room when I get a few spare days. Every room back to brick, IPB on externals etc. Because of his work, he’s the spread sheet guy, so analyses everything. His gas Bill gas dropped 50%.

Certain technologies will only benefit you, if installed at cost price or geography dictates.

On a slightly different tack, been doing my mates house up room by room when I get a few spare days. Every room back to brick, IPB on externals etc. Because of his work, he’s the spread sheet guy, so analyses everything. His gas Bill gas dropped 50%.

Certain technologies will only benefit you, if installed at cost price or geography dictates.
What thickness ipb?

I’ve been there today. Knocked through downstairs last year. One rad at mo downstairs and it ain’t cold.

Come to think of it, when I walk into my house it ain’t cold and no heating. Did. Mention the ‘Chrispy house diary’ ?!