Air bubbles

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim85

Do any of you guys get air bubbles on the join where you meet 2 different lifts on the scaff? The gear has skinned up a bit but not set then where we spray the next lot under it we rule it off n get quite a lot of bubbles on the join when we scrape it back. We get over it but it takes bloody ages fillin all them holes n I'm sure you guys who actually know what ur doin don't get them sorta problems?

Nope I don't get bubbles, and if you are getting them that is what your h bar is for, taking them out on spraying

If your worried about keeping a wet edge, just mist coat it with a bit of water before you come back on yourself.

I hand apply but I always keep the bottom edge wet,il lay on right to left in 1m or so strips much the same size as spraying,i leave a little room about a foot between the scaff and the bottom of the mono and every 3 or 4 strips I put on il go back and add some mono to the ones I've just done all the way along the bottom and do it again once I've got all the way to the left hand side,I then go down a lift and I'm working upto wet gear.
On a real hot day hand applied I will keep adding fresh gear to the wet edge from below as I move along towards it to stop it drying.
I asume using a machine you won't need to do it any where near as much but that's the way I do it any how.:)

Fair play putting any mono on by hand, there's easier way of earning a living.
I know it's a pain in the arse tbf but needs must and all that,I think il look into getting a machine at some point possibly the next decent sized mono job I get,I didn't know much about machine plastering before I joined the forum and I didn't realise just how popular it is,I thaught it was for the big companies not knowing that the machine companies cater for the small outfits with small and reasonably priced machines.:)

Once you have put mono on by machine you won't want to hand ball it ever again!

Machine work needs more covering up though and that takes time and money. On small areas you might as well do by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.