air bubbles in my hardwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballsdeep

hi lads,patching up some large areas in an old house & my second coat of hard wall had shitloads of big air bubbles in it? i scrapped it off as i felt it was never gonna adhere properly & didn't wanna risk it blowing once skimmed. i'd left it a couple of hrs between coats. cheers

Have long have you plastering mate? Did you scratch the first cost? Did you get air bubbles in every place that you tried to patch up? How thick was the second coat? Are you sure it was air bubbles or was it the hardwall sagging? :)

Have long have you plastering mate? Did you scratch the first cost? Did you get air bubbles in every place that you tried to patch up? How thick was the second coat? Are you sure it was air bubbles or was it the hardwall sagging? :)
Asking balls deep about sagging? Why two separate coats, was it very thick.?

I never put two coats of hard wall on, just put on thick, leave for a bit then rule off!!
hi lads,patching up some large areas in an old house & my second coat of hard wall had shitloads of big air bubbles in it? i scrapped it off as i felt it was never gonna adhere properly & didn't wanna risk it blowing once skimmed. i'd left it a couple of hrs between coats. cheers[/QUOTE

cheers lads,Minh,i'm not even **** yet. gave it a scratch coat as it was very deep in areas but i probably had left it to long,suction was violent. gave it a good drink of water today & used my speedskim instead of my darby & it was all good. i always thought if you try and go to thick with hardwall,then it will sagg?

Status
Not open for further replies.