Ahoy all offshore plasterers!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetterTAX

Hi guys,

Someone in the office just asked me and indeed, I have often thought about it (well not often, but you know what I mean!), what exactly would an offshore plasterer be plastering (sound like how much wood would a wood chuck chuck...)?

It surely has to be temporary in nature (a favourite word with HMRC - you still here btw? :RpS_unsure:)?

I'd be very interested to know!

Thanks!

Does norfolk count as off shore, I know im definitely padding in the shallow end of the gene pool with these turnip farmers here in turkeyville.

Hi guys,

Someone in the office just asked me and indeed, I have often thought about it (well not often, but you know what I mean!), what exactly would an offshore plasterer be plastering (sound like how much wood would a wood chuck chuck...
It surely has to be temporary in nature (a favourite word with HMRC - you still here btw? :RpS_unsure:)?

I'd be very interested to know!

Thanks!

They work in conjunction with underwater wood welders.........hope this helps

I did once have a off shore bank account, bloody useless every time I went to the cash point I got drenched.

Seriously? Rigs are built on shore then moved off shore!
use to see them being tow out of rottedam fot the north sea, massive size,when you saw some of the ships there loaded with the containers the height of them its no wonder they lose so many in rough seas, the lads use push bikes to get around becoz of the size of the ships .

no plastering on the rigs, I worked offshore doing fireproofing.. not plastering, you spread chartek on wire mesh with a gauger,

Well, I just feel all at sea with some of these answers! :RpS_biggrin:

Thanks for taking the time, all. Its just that we have quite a few offshore clients, but most are riggers or scaffs. The man at work was trying to get in touch with our client for more details but asked me whilst waiting, so I thought I'd throw it open here.

It actually does fascinate me, the offshore life... how dangerous it is, how dull it can be, how difficult (being away from families etc) and yes, exactly what they do have to do! (I don't get out much, clearly!).

Status
Not open for further replies.