Aged eps

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
Whenever I ring Encon to buy eps they always say do I want it aged or not.

They say it must be produced then rested for however long to let it expand before fitting to the wall.

I have never heard of this from anyone else and if it must aged why give me the option of buying it not.

Anyone?

There is a period of time it should be left after it has been extruded. Cany think why encon would have it that early tho. Its usually cut from block after

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

All the manufacturers that I have used have allowed between 2 / 3 month s for ageing. Boards tend to shrink over time. I ve never been offered new or (unaged) boards though.

Thats what I meant by block its a huge block that sits in the chemical factory. Iys cut to board size after that.
So there is no way encon should have eps thats still active.

Thats what I was told about eps extrusion anyway but im goin back 10 yr and maybe social housing demand and the change to platinim has changed things

It should be aged for 4 weeks, JUB manufacture it and we have managed to reduce that down to 2 weeks. If it is not aged it will bow as it cures.

It should be aged for 4 weeks, JUB manufacture it and we have managed to reduce that down to 2 weeks. If it is not aged it will bow as it cures.

You mean phenolic or eps? or both. Phenolic bows months after production. Even on the wall. Reason why sto and others have/are removing it from their systems now.

You mean phenolic or eps? or both. Phenolic bows months after production. Even on the wall. Reason why sto and others have/are removing it from their systems now.

I heard Phenolic is getting banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.