afraid to ask advice - cold conditions

Members online

magnethead

The plaster guys have just finished the second coat on a 3 thin coat silicone system, from Parex.
I was -1 for 9 hours overnight here. they said there was no issue, but the manufacturer says not to apply under 5 degrees (maybe just covering their ass) ...but the wall was not 100% dry, it's the second base coat layer.

there was no cracks today and it looks ok to my inexperienced eye....no dust.

Could it be comprimised in a way that would not be obvious? there was no plastic sheeting, just open to the elements

Thanks

The plaster guys have just finished the second
coat on a 3 thin coat silicone system, from Parex.
I was -1 for 9 hours overnight here. they said there was no issue, but the manufacturer says not to apply under 5 degrees (maybe just covering their ass) ...but the wall was not 100% dry, it's the second base coat layer.

Could it be comprimised in a way that would not be obvious? there was no plastic sheeting, just open to the elements

Thanks
@Vincey

The plaster guys have just finished the second coat on a 3 thin coat silicone system, from Parex.

Thanks

In my opinion a stupid move as they have invalidated any guarantee by the manufacturer.

Thanks
It's not been cold enough to do any damage to to base coat it will be fine

Thanks

You cant have your cake and eat it....I'm guessing you would have been moaning if they didn't come back until spring!

ok Thanks guys, I was wondering how plasterers could operate, if they could only put the render on when temps are over 5 degrees.
I'll try to stop worrying so