Advice

J&S p&d

Hi everyone I’ve got a small kitchen to re skim for a customer I’ve done loads for but the walls are bare sand and cement could I give a tight coat of bonding or hard wall and the skim straight over or would it be best to knock off and start again?
cheers

If you don't know the answer to this question you shouldn't be skimming anyone's kitchen out if I'm perfectly honest with you. When you was at college did this scenario ever come up? :whistle:

If you don't know the answer to this question you shouldn't be skimming anyone's kitchen out if I'm perfectly honest with you. When you was at college did this scenario ever come up? :whistle:
Wow cheers for that advice mate didn’t go to collage, site trained since 2011 mainly done new builds, stay clear of domestics as I can’t be arsed with the hassle, this is for a friend of a friend who I’ve done stuff for in the past so no this scenario hasn’t come up for me but yeah cheers for that insight

can I ask how you got into plastering when you first started? And how you gained all you’re wealth of knowledge? I’m going to just assume you were a labourer to start with and then the lads you were working with taught you what you know and when you hadn’t come across something before you asked and they explained and then you learnt, no wonder our trade is a dying trade when the more experienced people don’t pass down their knowledge but yeah my bad for asking a genuine question ‍♂️

Hi everyone I’ve got a small kitchen to re skim for a customer I’ve done loads for but the walls are bare sand and cement could I give a tight coat of bonding or hard wall and the skim straight over or would it be best to knock off and start again?
cheers
Tight coat of bonding, hardwall can't be put on that thin.
Obviously knock off if the sand and cement isn't sound though.

Don't listen to the other 2, they just like an argument

Tight coat of bonding, hardwall can't be put on that thin.
Obviously knock off if the sand and cement isn't sound though.

Don't listen to the other 2, they just like an argument
Nothing to do with that! Would you part with your money if you was a customer and you had your plasterer asking the most simple of questions! And your answer is incorrect!