Advice

Members online

Fromarge

Hello plasterers I’ve bought a house and there was crack in some walls. When tapped on they sounded like they had blown. So broke away at all loose plaster went back to the original brick.
Had a plasterer in and the hair line cracks are coming back he used bonding should he of used hardwall

If you chopped all the plaster off completely I would of dabbed it . If you only pulled off the loose stuff and patched in with bonding or hardwall then it will most likely crack where new plaster meets old

tenor (7).gif

If you chopped all the plaster off completely I would of dabbed it . If you only pulled off the loose stuff and patched in with bonding or hardwall then it will most likely crack where new plaster meets old
Thanks for the reply. So he patched in then re plastered all of the wall what should he of done then hacked it all off

Thanks for the reply. So he patched in then re plastered all of the wall what should he of done then hacked it all off
He should of advised you which will be the best result then leave it with the customer to decide . The proper way will always cost more .

I wouldn’t say ‘most likely’ if prepped correctly