Advice wanted

Members online

you would think if the homeowner was spending a substantial amount of money they would do some research :D
Agree. In this day and age with tinternet everyone I meet seems to be an expert.....Wikipedia....pah! People want you to know that they know stuff about the job they're asking you to do, presumably to give them the edge in negotiations. Wonder how this thread will pan out?

Agree. In this day and age with tinternet everyone I meet seems to be an expert.....Wikipedia....pah! People want you to know that they know stuff about the job they're asking you to do, presumably to give them the edge in negotiations. Wonder how this thread will pan out?

Yea I know what you mean. The best is when they ask questions and think they have the answer in there head and you give them
The real one and they realise they actually knew f**k all!

The net is another reason rates get bad. Everyone thinks you can hire a trade on a day rate for 120-150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I know what you mean. The best is when they ask questions and think they have the answer in there head and you give them
The real one and they realise they actually knew f**k all!

The net is another reason rates get bad. Everyone thinks you can hire a trade on a day rate for 120-150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's y as soon as the person says the old and how long will it take you I swerve the job completely..feel like saying none of your fcking business in all for people planning but I know wen sum1 is asking because of the price

That's y as soon as the person says the old and how long will it take you I swerve the job completely..feel like saying none of your fcking business in all for people planning but I know wen sum1 is asking because of the price
Agree mate but I just say I'm not sure it may take 1,2 or 3 , give price, then it's forgot about... Most of time lol

Wats with dislike lodan? I hope that's a fat finger dislike

Dont give me any moral shite quote aswell..i give price/quote and its none of there business how long it will take..u take the price or you don't..im not on about people who r asking for planning reasons I'm on about people trying to totty up wat ur charging a day

Dont give me any moral shite quote aswell..i give price/quote and its none of there business how long it will take..u take the price or you don't..im not on about people who r asking for planning reasons I'm on about people trying to totty up wat ur charging a day
Keep ya knickers on
:lol:

Once did a job for a legal type, all prices agreed (usual rates for the time), when he saw how much we had done and did a quick calc in his head, he saw that we had earnt as much as him! Not happy, went on and on about how he had studied, blah, blah really sulking. We left, and went on to another job. Losses cut, grief nil. Think we all felt better about it.

Once did a job for a legal type, all prices agreed (usual rates for the time), when he saw how much we had done and did a quick calc in his head, he saw that we had earnt as much as him! Not happy, went on and on about how he had studied, blah, blah really sulking. We left, and went on to another job. Losses cut, grief nil. Think we all felt better about it.

lol heard that before...

A solicitor will ask 250+vat an hour and they grumble at our prices we give I can't do there job so have to pay and so should they it's irrelevant if a room is 200-800 and if only takes a day or 3 days the price is the price

Reactions: Mag
A solicitor will ask 250+vat an hour and they grumble at our prices we give I can't do there job so have to pay and so should they it's irrelevant if a room is 200-800 and if only takes a day or 3 days the price is the price

Yep and £50 for a letter they pull off a template and type a name in... cnuts

Yep and £50 for a letter they pull off a template and type a name in... cnuts
But really an earnest young man/woman does the template, while the self obsessed tosser ,puts his feet on the desk, and orders a new car/watch/yacht/skiing hol etc

But really an earnest young man/woman does the template, while the self obsessed tosser ,puts his feet on the desk, and orders a new car/watch/yacht/skiing hol etc
This is why now I'm almost at a point when I feel like going to them well how much a year do you make then what's your day rate how much do you have to do to cover it and it's excepted same principle really but if we did that to them they would get mad

The worse thing about a solicitor is the funds they already take from your national insurance soon as you give them that.. There as fraud as a mortgage.
Top it off they say no win no fee no s**t you've already had the funds off me without knowing!!

I have been waiting for 3 years for my solicitor to finish a job.... ffs