Advice wanted Pls

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
Looking for some advice on machines for external work !!

I apologise if any of these questions sound toss, but ive never used a machine or know the first thing about them.

How much outside work do you need to be getting to justify using a machine ? I quite like the outside stuff but unfortunatley i only seem to get about 5 or 6 jobs a year for render, would like more but the phone doesnt seem to ring for it. However i seem to be getting more calls for it just recently, currently pricing 100m2 ish, so although not at it every day surely it would make your life easier for the jobs you do get ?

If money wasnt a problem,not saying im minted cos im not but is there a cheap and cheerful machine out there that could sit in the lock up and come out on theses jobs ? what sort of price can you pick them up for ??

And lastly, probebly this daftest question can you stick sand and cement through them, or are they just designed for bagged kit ?

Cheers

AB

they are designed for bagged gear there is a nice one on ebay for 1200 but then you need a genny very rare second hand

Buy a little ritmo, it pumps everything ,it's about the size I of a bell mixer
By learning about the different materials available you can use different products on the your own jobs.

Noel, rich browns mate has got one for sale. Don't know the details. Pm him. Also nick might sell his if he's going to yanky land. Although he might take it with him so gibbo can't get it

Looking for some advice on machines for external work !!

I apologise if any of these questions sound toss, but ive never used a machine or know the first thing about them.

How much outside work do you need to be getting to justify using a machine ? I quite like the outside stuff but unfortunatley i only seem to get about 5 or 6 jobs a year for render, would like more but the phone doesnt seem to ring for it. However i seem to be getting more calls for it just recently, currently pricing 100m2 ish, so although not at it every day surely it would make your life easier for the jobs you do get ?

If money wasnt a problem,not saying im minted cos im not but is there a cheap and cheerful machine out there that could sit in the lock up and come out on theses jobs ? what sort of price can you pick them up for ??

And lastly, probebly this daftest question can you stick sand and cement through them, or are they just designed for bagged kit ?

Cheers

AB

It,s alot of money to lay out if your not using it much ,but it does make life easy !

go for the ritmo mate taken me a month or so to get my head round it but now id not go back to buckets and a drill and it sprays everything i use going to try and plaster a swimming pool with it in a few weeks:RpS_thumbup:

Cheers for the replies guys, think i need to do a bit more research and saving :RpS_unsure: Sounds apealing though i must say. How much do 2nd hand Ritmos go for out of interest, do you need a seperate geny with those or is it all in ?

if you are goin to buy a used machine and don't know how to use one, you would be wiser to buy a machine of someone who can show you how to use it and help you when things start to go wrong on site. you could end up spending double just by guessing whats wrong or having bad advice. you will need a days training to put you on the right path especially if you have never used one before.
Second hand machines of ebay are bargains for people who already own a machine or used to have one.

if you are goin to buy a used machine and don't know how to use one, you would be wiser to buy a machine of someone who can show you how to use it and help you when things start to go wrong on site. you could end up spending double just by guessing whats wrong or having bad advice. you will need a days training to put you on the right path especially if you have never used one before.
Second hand machines of ebay are bargains for people who already own a machine or used to have one.

I agree! Buy a machine off PFT Northern and Les will show you how to use it and give you back up when ever you need it.

For sand and cement you will need bagged stuff like ocr etc.

For a Ritmo get advice on what model M, L XL etc. 110v or 240 or 3 phrase (XL)

I had a problem with my G4 today ,phone Les up ,he told me what was wrong (and he was right first time ) with in 10 minutes i was spraying .I brought my machine of Les about 6 years ago ,he said at the time any problems give me a ring ,all this time later ,still there helping out ,you need a lot of help when you buy these things,and it,s ongoing !! sorry Les !!

Status
Not open for further replies.