Advice Sought ...

Members online

No members online now.

MD99

Hi folks, bear with me - I'm new on here and just a victim of a poor quality rendering job looking for advice!

I've recently had the exterior of my house rendered which, only when now painted (and in a certain light, believe it or not) reveals how uneven the render coat is that has been applied. Without going into the whole 'get the guy back who did it to sort it' debate (that's not an option), I'm wondering if there is anything that can be applied over the current finish that can 'even out' the imperfections to provide a smoother finish?

Also, any recommendations for anyone to actually come and have a look at it (I'm in South West Scotland) would also be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance ...

Attachments

• 20200929_150122.jpg
    20200929_150122.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 273
  • 20200929_150134.jpg
    20200929_150134.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 257
  • 20200929_150142.jpg
    20200929_150142.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 241
  • 20200929_150151.jpg
    20200929_150151.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 315
  • 20200929_150156.jpg
    20200929_150156.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 248
Hi folks, bear with me - I'm new on here and just a victim of a poor quality rendering job looking for advice!

I've recently had the exterior of my house rendered which, only when now painted (and in a certain light, believe it or not) reveals how uneven the render coat is that has been applied. Without going into the whole 'get the guy back who did it to sort it' debate (that's not an option), I'm wondering if there is anything that can be applied over the current finish that can 'even out' the imperfections to provide a smoother finish?

Also, any recommendations for anyone to actually come and have a look at it (I'm in South West Scotland) would also be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance ...
Picture would be a start m8

From the look of that it would of looked rough before paint went on it, your options now, well, textured paint would probably be the quickest and cheapest option.

Before I click on photos under threads like these I always say to myself ‘im sure its not that bad’. Thats bad. If you still want a complete smooth finish it’s unfortunately gonna need re rendering of some sorts. Some plasterers will apply silicone render on top on painted render like yours but beware of chancers its not good practice to do so.

From the look of that it would of looked rough before paint went on it, your options now, well, textured paint would probably be the quickest and cheapest option.
Thanks for that Raggles ... do you think that would be sufficient to smooth things out? Any advice on brand/type of paint? Cheers ...

It's a great shame that it's popular to come on here for an opinion of poor quality work and whilst I appreciate your offering the makeover it would have been wise to post the original job

Blokes on here have a reputation to uphold
Jessica has a reputation as well but not a rendering one lol

Thanks for that Raggles ... do you think that would be sufficient to smooth things out? Any advice on brand/type of paint? Cheers ...

It will not smooth it out, a textured finish will just make it look less of a balls up basically. as for paints look at sandtex or similar but, i would say get the most coarse paint you can find, if you have a Dulux decorator centre or similar near you ask them.

It's a great shame that it's popular to come on here for an opinion of poor quality work and whilst I appreciate your offering the makeover it would have been wise to post the original job

Blokes on here have a reputation to uphold
Jessica has a reputation as well but not a rendering one lol
I wish I'd had the foresight to come on here first!

It will not smooth it out, a textured finish will just make it look less of a balls up basically. as for paints look at sandtex or similar but, i would say get the most coarse paint you can find, if you have a Dulux decorator centre or similar near you ask them.
Thanks, I've already started looking at Sandtex High Build and the Johnstones equivalent ... hopefully that might help!

Personally mate wouldn't waste time with the paints,it needs doing again and once a quality tradseman has done the job you will see the difference staright away how much did u pay these cowboys anyway

Personally mate wouldn't waste time with the paints,it needs doing again and once a quality tradseman has done the job you will see the difference staright away how much did u pay these cowboys anyway
If I'd paid a tenner it would have been too much!