Advice sought for rendering costs for block of flats in NW4

DaveF92

Hi I was wondering if anyone on here could give me some advice.

it is in relation to a small block of flats, 3 floors, with a flat on each so a total of 3 flats. Based in north london (NW4)

We have had two quotes for the rendering to be re done as it’s in dire need of replacing. The first quote came in at £50,000, which i now know to be exaggerated prices and have discounted this completely. I’ve just had a second quote for £24,950+VAT for the following:

Installation of scaffolding -
repair all cracks and install mesh -
install an undercoat primer and mesh -
top coat, K render.

due to the first quote being so wrong it’s left me feeling a bit wary and nervous to agree to this second quote in case it is again over charging. I am also really unsure whether this is any better or if it’s likely to be this kind of price, and would be very grateful for any advice that can be given or rough estimates for the costs of such works so I am not stung by being overcharged.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
These are some photos of the block in question -

Attachments

• A13B1616-BCA3-4503-9C1E-70A05A7F8C6F.png
    A13B1616-BCA3-4503-9C1E-70A05A7F8C6F.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 214
  • 4F3D7BE9-021E-41C8-A0FC-0E7CA03ED443.png
    4F3D7BE9-021E-41C8-A0FC-0E7CA03ED443.png
    6 MB · Views: 207

it is in relation to a small block of flats, 3 floors, with a flat on each so a total of 3 flats. Based in north london (NW4)

We have had two quotes for the rendering to be re done as it’s in dire need of replacing. The first quote came in at £50,000, which i now know to be exaggerated prices and have discounted this completely. I’ve just had a second quote for £24,950+VAT for the following:

top coat, K render.

due to the first quote being so wrong it’s left me feeling a bit wary and nervous to agree to this second quote in case it is again over charging. I am also really unsure whether this is any better or if it’s likely to be this kind of price, and would be very grateful for any advice that can be given or rough estimates for the costs of such works so I am not stung by being overcharged.

Thanks in advance!
How many m2?

top coat, K render.

Thanks in advance!
@Casper

It says nothing about hacking off,how do you know its not solid and paint is dated and flaking?
Oh yea repair cracks ( I’m assuming in the render) . scaffold a few grand ,materials a couple grand ( I don’t do k rend so no idea of material prices) ! So yea maybe 10/12k 15 tops. But no way should that be gone over, it’s got to be hacked off

London prices fella although my advice get the old render hacked off on all 3 sides start from scratch and have it done properly and once it's done it's done you haven't got worry about it again unless you get cowboys doing it