advice re cscs card please. .. :o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayHS357

Hey there.

re the CSCS card

I have a "Basic Site Skills Only" cscs card for use when I was asked to work on MOD sites back in 2009, for many instal type jobs

it expires end of Feb 2014

it is classed as " Construction Site Operative" in Green! but is valid for 5 years

so is my cscs is sorted for the cscs health and safety?

What is the "Health & Safety" cscs course? is this the same as what i hve re my cscs or something more? as my original cscs was all about site safety and safe practice and do's and dont's so is it the same as the Health & Safety cscs

please advise

Are you on about the health and safety test? if it is then its what you took to get your original card

hi there flynnyman

it was 3 years ago and i am not sure.

i thought it was for the Heakth & Safety cscs cert card thing me bob.. but it does not state that!

hence why i am asking is this what a health & safety cscs looks like, as in the decription like i put in the OP

or is it now a cscs "Health and Safety" card...

ok i read your thread re cscs cards..

and you have given me all the answers i need.

i only have a "Basic Site Skills Only" card. this was all that was needed to get on site back in the bad ol days.

i will look into doing my cscs card for plastering in the future.

i am sure i will find out more if i read more on this site before posting repeated postings.

cheers again dude

You can still get on site with the card you have got but what is starting to happen is contractors are asking for tradesmen to have the type of card that is to do with their job.

hey there, yes I have noticed this being mentioned before.

but i wa not aware exactly what was needed

but all fine now. Well on this aspect of what is needed lol

The CSCS scheme has its own website if u stick it in google, it'll tell you what card u need and how to get it mate.

hi mate, ive been a plasterer for 6 years. i am now a tutor and nvq assessor. i can get you your plasterers blue cscs card if your interested? all government funded too :)

NVQ Level 3 in Advanced Craft Work in Plastering the price is £1 000 + VAT (inside M25-London area). We do not offer training, the NVQ is based on experience and is with On-Site Assessment.

They told me that, no names now flynnyman

Why dose it cost 1k for an nvq3?

hi mate. the reason for that is because the government dont fund level 3. however if you can put me in touch with 3 lads who want to do level 2 on site, i can arrange for your level 3 to be cost free. what area are you in?

That sounds good and for free, so we all got cs card and now we need level 2 and 3 whats involved in level 3?
Kent and south east areas

NVQ Level 3 in Advanced Craft Work in Plastering the price is £1 000 + VAT (inside M25-London area). We do not offer training, the NVQ is based on experience and is with On-Site Assessment.

They told me that, no names now flynnyman

My mate paid a grand for it.Two blokes came and spent the morning in the house we were skimming asking the odd question as we were working.One of them said he was a spread but it didnt take us long to suss out he had never been near a trowel! All read from a book and when we asked if he wanted to help us trowel up,he quickly went for lunch! LOL!

how do you go about getting say an nvq2, ive got a cscs card basic one but i really want the official qualification., got all the cscs questions and answers on paper on my desk lol really helped when i did the test took ten minuits.

how do you go about getting say an nvq2, ive got a cscs card basic one but i really want the official qualification., got all the cscs questions and answers on paper on my desk lol really helped when i did the test took ten minuits.
Go back to the place where you got the nvq, they will probably arrange someone to come and vet your work, three site visits I had, lot of paper work to fill in, references to collect etc, health and safety stuff, but its fairly simple, cost me a couple of hundred pounds, you can google nvq for trades, I am sure some info will also pop up, best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.