Advice Plz

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamd

Howdy Alls

Been asked to render over tyrolean ... its not that old, seems solid enough barring a few small patches where the window fitters have installed . Pushing for complete hack off as never like adding weight but was wondering if theres any thin coat systems ?

From reading up the only way I see is sbr slurry / 2 tight coats of hpx then silicone / acrylic top ??

Would this work ?? ... Ideally id hack off Rendaid , OCR, then silicone / acrylic the top but the customers pretty sure they want it going over ...

Any advice on this would be great as ive only ever hacked off and redone jobs like this really

baffles me why people spend all that money then cut corners when it comes to the big stuff... lol

One of those situations @Danny where I don't wanna actually be going over it due to all the hassle it can cause but cant say no I don't want the job as the guy has passed me a lot so least gonna look into it ....

One of those situations @Danny where I don't wanna actually be going over it due to all the hassle it can cause but cant say no I don't want the job as the guy has passed me a lot so least gonna look into it ....

ah thats not too bad then... he may take your advice and hack off... :)

More damage can be caused sometimes by hacking off.
Brick faces can be broken and cracks caused inside.
Any hollows I remove then I make sure the client is made aware that my guarantee only covers our work detaching from the existing render not the existing coming off the brickwork.
It's part and parcel of doing refurb work and people not wanting full proper work undertaken due to budget etc

Howdy Alls

Been asked to render over tyrolean ... its not that old, seems solid enough barring a few small patches where the window fitters have installed . Pushing for complete hack off as never like adding weight but was wondering if theres any thin coat systems ?

From reading up the only way I see is sbr slurry / 2 tight coats of hpx then silicone / acrylic top ??

Would this work ?? ... Ideally id hack off Rendaid , OCR, then silicone / acrylic the top but the customers pretty sure they want it going over ...

Any advice on this would be great as ive only ever hacked off and redone jobs like this really
Is it painted?

** Sorry I ment is there anything like weber plast TF that Parex do that's trowelled on and finished with plastic not obviously using weber gear over Parex :S

Lol what do you think gives acrylic the colour?
From what I'm lead to believe most get acrylic made for them from paint manufacturers . being a troweled paint in effect the aggregate just allows it to be applied.
Correct me if I'm wrong?
Think parinter will do you proud

Just looking on the spec sheet of parinter ... only finishes it says are paint based ?? Can this be finished with acrylic like webers gear ( weber plast TF ) ?? @CTPlastering @Kylewesley
** Sorry I ment is there anything like weber plast TF that Parex do that's trowelled on and finished with plastic not obviously using weber gear over Parex :S

To be honest id use whatever gear as a thin coat you want as @Rigsby says it hybrid system!

Only stick to one manufacturer systems in new build and face brick/ block renders

Renovations in my opinion are to what spec you want with experience to back the longevity of your work

@Kylewesley - yep see what our saying pal ... just didn't want to assume you could bang weber tf on top ... looking at the spec sheets weber plast tf and the primer it doesn't say anything about lime base coats etc

@CTPlastering ... cool thanks for the info ... reading weber spec sheets nothing stands out in constraints ...

Parinter it is then .... will do some more reading up but thanks so far for the info lads :)

Status
Not open for further replies.