Advice please

Members online

Newbierenovator

Hi,

We've been renovating our old property and are in the process of having pretty much every room skimmed.

The plasterer is saying crazing of the plaster is normal..but this seems like more than that..it's actual cracks?! There's also gouges and scrapes on the walls..am I being too picky?? Shouldn't the walls be almost perfectly smooth? I don't really know how to bring it up with our plasterer but he asked us to mist coat it first so he could "see the issues" and then would come and touch it up.

Can it be saved or does it need redoing?

Attachments

• PXL_20221101_150332400.jpg
    PXL_20221101_150332400.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 178
  • PXL_20221101_150320218.jpg
    PXL_20221101_150320218.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 164
  • PXL_20221101_151130682.jpg
    PXL_20221101_151130682.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 167
  • PXL_20221101_150825244.jpg
    PXL_20221101_150825244.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 186
Hi,

We've been renovating our old property and are in the process of having pretty much every room skimmed.

The plasterer is saying crazing of the plaster is normal..but this seems like more than that..it's actual cracks?! There's also gouges and scrapes on the walls..am I being too picky?? Shouldn't the walls be almost perfectly smooth? I don't really know how to bring it up with our plasterer but he asked us to mist coat it first so he could "see the issues" and then would come and touch it up.

Yes

Hi,

Crazing isn't normal.

Paint won't hide it.

Many years ago I built a conservatory base and some bluffing cunnt told me similar after he skimmed it mid summer and it crazed.

I think he learned skimming in prison. Pva must be a restricted item.

Years later I saw him...Still in prison...on a documentary.

That's him.
1667397600394.png

Anyway, you've been caspered. Don't pay.

Hi,

As the rest have said dog rough that is

Hi,

#caspered

Crazing isn't normal.

Paint won't hide it.

Many years ago I built a conservatory base and some bluffing cunnt told me similar after he skimmed it mid summer and it crazed.

I think he learned skimming in prison. Pva must be a restricted item.

Years later I saw him...Still in prison...on a documentary.

That's him.View attachment 72048
Anyway, you've been caspered. Don't pay.
Is that your brother? I can see the resemblance. Poor bugger

When you say caspered... Do you mean he'll be gone now like a ghost? Lol.
Yes all my windows are absolutely covered..as are the floor boards, plug sockets etc.
If he doesn't come to rectify, he definitely won't get the outstanding payment we have on him. Does it need chipping off then or can it be saved by reskimming?
Thanks for the advice