Advice please

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Right so this is going to have running water in the two large parts.
All the outside is having k rend. He wanted the insides doing but I said that won't work.
I know f**k all bout most things even more water features . He did mention a paint (Can't remember name) but I said no Idea about it and don't fancy just painting on blocks then filling with water. Also mentioned tiles. I said just get a proper lining .
Anyway whats best way to go about it cheers
20190329_143501.jpg

Fibre glass the inside and roll it over the top, copings on then render to underside of copings and paint it every year because mono won’t last on that. That’s just made your Friday, pffffffft water features PISH AND WIND G** @zombie what you reckon?
Not even on outside.

Be s**t stained in no time. God knows what will happen when the water freezes in it. Best off throwing a tarp over it and pretend you haven’t seen it, change your number, name, friend circles and house. Van to, get rid of the van.
Ha inside their putting a stove so I said use that for ye logs

If he’s interested in tile the just render the lot.
Will work and look good if he selects the right tile.

What if he goes for fiberglass . And I.m guessing the fiberglass wants to be done first
I’m no expert on fiberglass but I worked in Oz for 4 years, rendering pools prior to tiling them, render then tile (bit of Sika) bulletproof.

What if he goes for fiberglass . And I.m guessing the fiberglass wants to be done first
Can be done after, you could round the corners will a glass bottle. It’s the state of the block work that the problem. It’s one on top of another practically in places, no bond strength. Use a good quality mesh on it double it up, don’t use the cheap stuff that turns into cotton wool soon as it’s wet.

All the outside is having k rend. He wanted the insides doing but I said that won't work.
I know f**k all bout most things even more water features . He did mention a paint (Can't remember name) but I said no Idea about it and don't fancy just painting on blocks then filling with water. Also mentioned tiles. I said just get a proper lining .
Anyway whats best way to go about it cheersView attachment 33563
Yes you can render the inside John and then he can paint it with pond paint. The paint is waterproof and flexible.
Is that two sensible helpful replies I've posted today? Time for a lie down.

Can be done after, you could round the corners will a glass bottle. It’s the state of the block work that the problem. It’s one on top of another practically in places, no bond strength. Use a good quality mesh on it double it up, don’t use the cheap stuff that turns into cotton wool soon as it’s wet.
Ha I never even noticed blocks . Got the Webber mesh. So double it up

Fibre glass the inside and roll it over the top, copings on then render to underside of copings and paint it every year because mono won’t last on that. That’s just made your Friday, pffffffft water features PISH AND WIND G** @zombie what you reckon?

Yeah....deffo glass it. Apart from anything, water is fcukign HEAVY and the blockwork isn't well bonded. Might burst if you don't.

Anyway whats best way to go about it cheersView attachment 33563
What a job! :eek:

What bout base . Where render meets. Will the paint seal joint .
Do I need to put owt on blocks first or in the render
Honestly mate don't worry too much, that paint would seal it up even without render.
Oh another bit of advice.
Don't under any circumstances let a full bucket of the paint fly about in the back of your van and spill everywhere. Not good.

Honestly mate don't worry too much, that paint would seal it up even without render.
Oh another bit of advice.
Don't under any circumstances let a full bucket of the paint fly about in the back of your van and spill everywhere. Not good.
It's getting a base coat with mesh first anyway . So gonna go with 15 mm beeds .