Advice please

Members online

Andra

Hi I just joined and was hoping for some advice. I ve built a big extension onto my house myself everthing . I can plaster ok.

I am going to have a go at dry dashing my house I need some advice on render . I was told that when your putting on render not to flatten it with down down stroke as you do when plastering as this causes it to go off quicker is that true? Also is it better to base coat everthing ie the original house as well or or just use render grip on the original house? Also how long does it go off is it as quick as multi finish or longer

Attachments

• 20190321_111349.jpg
    20190321_111349.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 423
Totally different ball game exterior work. Don’t attempt to dash that on your own with no or little experience. Recipe for disaster. Don’t forget this is your house and it’s the first thing folk will see. Get somebody in to do it, a bad render job will devalue your property more than it would cost to to have it done right first time.

Totally different ball game exterior work. Don’t attempt to dash that on your own with no or little experience. Recipe for disaster. Don’t forget this is your house and it’s the first thing folk will see. Get somebody in to do it, a bad render job will devalue your property more than it would cost to to have it done right first time.
Yes your right but I can try a panel if it not right well I'll get someone in I am just wondering if it true about the down ward stroke making it go off too quick ect . Also what kind of price would be a good quote for that I had a quote of £6000

I can see I am in the wrong place. If I f**k it up I am going to get some one too go over it. I only asked a a few questions about render but hey ho that what I've found in the building trade they dont want you to know any knowledge. If I took that attitude it would not have been built. So I try it and see a panel 1.4m x 2m

Stick some multi on it and paint with Thomson water seal it's exactly the same as s/c render, monocoush systems! I've been doing this job for 70 years only listen to me these other idiots no nothing!!

Hi I just joined and was hoping for some advice. I ve built a big extension onto my house myself everthing . I can plaster ok.

I am going to have a go at dry dashing my house I need some advice on render . I was told that when your putting on render not to flatten it with down down stroke as you do when plastering as this causes it to go off quicker is that true? Also is it better to base coat everthing ie the original house as well or or just use render grip on the original house? Also how long does it go off is it as quick as multi finish or longer
People will give you advise me being one of them ! The issue is your asking Qs that are so very far from the process it’s not great ?

You need to scrape what you have been told as it’s wrong and strat again !

What finish ?
What strength substrate ?
I will help