Advice Please

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisamyphillip

Hi all, I recently had render removed due to severe cracking etc and had it replaced. However, the guys doing it just don;t seem to be able to get a smooth or even level finish. In some places it's also lumpy and other places smooth. Previously it was roughcast and reconsidering, I wish I had stayed with roughcast.

What would be involved in making this into roughcast finish now? Does it need all hacking off again and scratch, then top?

I have painted to two costs of Sandtex to see if the finish might be at all acceptable (clutching at straws). But it's wobbly/wobbly.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

It depends really,if the finish is sloppy then maybe the prep work was sloppy too,the bond between the wall and scratch coat being the main one amongst others but another plasterer might not want to risk going over the top if he thinks it may not take the weight of a traditional finish but a modern thincoat could be an option?

Scratch coat was 4 parts sand, 1 part cement + plasticise. Sprayed wall with diluted SBR.

The top coat had cement, lime and sand - sadly I'm not sure of the ratios.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 09.41.22.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 09.41.22.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 403
  • Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 09.41.22.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 09.41.22.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 384
  • DSC_0463.JPG
    DSC_0463.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 416
All 3 pictures are the same right ? Why did you not get these guys guys back before painting to see what they say ? From the picture It does look utter dogshit by the way, not down with the colour much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.