Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a front page spread on the Sunderland Echo (local paper) about bad workmanship on the site my house is on you can actually see my house in the distance the white one. Proper Cowboys these mind if nothing gets sorted with my render they will be in again.

The Sunderland Echo has done a front page spread on the site my house is on about bad workmanship. You can see my house in the background (white one ) they will be in again if they don't get this render sorted. Cowboys employing Cowboys.

The one with the scaffold lines showing? Unfortunately this is what you get with a new build these days they are knocked up over night, with so many short cuts or let's say scrimping and the standard is shocking ive seen some that are 20 years old that look like the area needs redeveloping.

That's the problem with the big house builders, everything comes down to price, the cheapest tender gets the job regardless.
And these are the results often found!

I agree but it doesn't mean that the house buyer should have to put up with it when they are spending so much money. I know some will put up with it though but I suppose people's standards vary.

I agree but it doesn't mean that the house buyer should have to put up with it when they are spending so much money. I know some will put up with it though but I suppose people's standards vary.
The problem was and maybe still is in certain areas people want on the property ladder and what they offer is an easier solution to getting on it. It's like mobile phones, cars and TVs they are loans disguised as products. People are just happy to get a house and laminate floors, magnolia paint with silver sockets and down lighters usually seals the deal. These hoise will never stand the test of time our predecessors built which I've always said it will come full swing in 20 years so a good trade to really learn. :)

Just another update on what's going on. I know it's taken a long time but the scaffold is going up next week to do a full render over coat of my house. Mckennas have got the job to do it. Heard there one of the best thanks for the earlier advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.