Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoddo

Ok so I'm re skimming a flat, and I've just knocked an ornament off with my mixer lol problem is that his head fell off! Now do I own up or just bundle it into an empty bag of multi and get it to the van!? ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1424167803.604216.jpg

I would just tell them and say sorry
Even offer to super glue it
It's better to admit an accident then to have them think you stole it

Tell them the 'taste police' came round and impounded it, and that they will waive the fine if the customer promises not to buy anymore tat. :RpS_lol:

I don't reckon they even notice to be fair, it's a sh*t hole here, couldn't help but laugh when it's head rolled off!
Now what would Dougie do I wonder if Tam knocked it off?

Have to agree with MarkJ. Accidents happen, and they'll (hopefully) appreciate your honesty!

Fingers crossed it wasn't too valuable :)

I was honest and told them, the guy wasn't bothered at all and he never mentioned that it was worth a fortune lol so it all ended well

I broke a small concrete garden ornament a few months back. Stuck it back together with some HP12 and cracked on. It was a friends house so didn't feel 2 guilty.

Worked a treat as well with a bit applied to each bit

Who was it killed a dog on here and then the customer found it and they offered to bury it lol

Taking a bath panel off for a customer bout 20 yes ago ( I know, don't ask me why) I broke a tile about a quarter of a tile and she was fussy as fu ck, I thought **** , gotta be quick ere , so I stuck it with toothpaste that was on her basin:RpS_thumbsup: it fitted like it grew there

I was working in a house years ago and the plumber come in and said to the woman I've just found a rat in your garage but don't worry I hit it with a shovel , when he held it up she burst out crying it was the pet rat called rufus! Haha

When i was a apprentice time ago i was working with wy dad i was plastering a ceiling in kitchen covered all worktops with sheets i had 1 foot on ladder one on worktops leaning over to get above wall units Crunch!! Stood on glass top hob ha! My old man went nuts with me took a weeks wages off me!! I think i might of got sacked aswell but that was just normal weekly thing between us :RpS_lol:

one of the funniest things ive seen at work was when we was plastering an upstairs bedroom with some floorboards missing and the divvy labourer stepped off the floorboard and went crashing straight down and landed on the kitchen table where 2 G** boys where having breakfast, the look on the faces was f--king priceless:RpS_scared:

that will teach you to remove all the customers gear from the room you're working in in future it could have been costly to you

i was plastering one wall in a toilet on a house we was working on it just needed tidying up a bit and as i jumped up on to my hop up i diddnt notice one of the sets of legs haddnt opened properly i fell forward an rather than smash the new windows with my trowel i opted to try balance myself on the bog seat, well that diddnt work i went straight through the seat bit of a wet foot and they couldnt get another seat to fit so they had to change the whole toilet.................opps:RpS_blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.