advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankers

Anybody know the best way to form corners on pebble dash and on top of windows. Someone told me its best not to use bead as they will show through on the finish. Secondly anybody know best way off doing the plinth bead at the bottom where it joins on the corner. My theory is that because its angled for the drip when it meets the corner you won't be able to get a good edge because there's no support there?

Try not to use beads if poss , 1st coat it all, leave for a week to cure then put timber round the windows around 8mm depth, render flush with the timber and when that's dry give them a wee tap and remove and you have the perfect angle on the corners you can repeat this process but I'd rather just hold a straight edge up and coat - dash to that ,

Anybody know the best way to form corners on pebble dash and on top of windows. Someone told me its best not to use bead as they will show through on the finish. Secondly anybody know best way off doing the plinth bead at the bottom where it joins on the corner. My theory is that because its angled for the drip when it meets the corner you won't be able to get a good edge because there's no support there?

you never rendered before?

Must agree that dashing looks better without angle beads but I've no objection to the use of bellmouth beads.

Try not to use beads if poss , 1st coat it all, leave for a week to cure then put timber round the windows around 8mm depth, render flush with the timber and when that's dry give them a wee tap and remove and you have the perfect angle on the corners you can repeat this process but I'd rather just hold a straight edge up and coat - dash to that ,
how do you fix timbers on or do you just hold them against it? what about bell bead on the bottom?

best to form hard angles on dashing, just get your mate to hold derby up and dash each side... simples... i wil post a how to do it video soon

When I dash I knib the window reveals with smooth render so they are hard when you come to dash. Or we retern a straight edge and dash them wet angles.
And we don't use drip beads we nail 2x1 planed timber and knib out to the edge. Then remove when hard.
On most of the nice render jobs we do we don't use any beads at all

Status
Not open for further replies.