Advice Please - Tyrolean an old shop front wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplyplastered

Evening Everyone

Looking for some advice, I am a recently qualified but no experience plasterer. I have a job currently rendering over an old pebbledashed shop front. The shop is leaking in the rain, and i have inspeaked the walls and there are cracks near the top of the front wall. I have said the best thing would be to seal the cracks, then render the frontage and tyrolean as a finish. I am looking to apply a scratch coat of 5:1 sand:cement but no lime, then a finish coat of 3:1 finally the tyrolean

So three things........

1. Any advice on how to approach this particularly how to render over the pebbledash do I need external beading, how long between coats

2. What is the best tyrolean gun to get, and where is the best place to purchase it.

3. What is the best tyrolean mixture .....I have suggested a cream colour, can I obtain tyrolean mix in colours

Many Thanks

considering you've just qualified your not very well educated mate, the top coat should never be stronger than the scratch coat. the best tyro gun is the green one, hire it or they are £100 on ebay. all tyrolean comes in different colours although you can make your own and then paint it. you will need stop/bellcast beads and any angle beads if required. a minimum of 24hours between coats but the longer the better

Status
Not open for further replies.