Advice on mono job

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.beaumont

Hi advice needed, Guy i work for had a gang spray mono on concrete block and he rubbed it up in the dark. well you can imagine what it looked like so he called them back to put it right. Anyway he put a tight coat straight over it and rubbed it up. now there is shiny smooth patches and discolouration appearing. colour is ivory weber pral m. why is this happening and was he right to go straight over the old mono? Not done alot of it myself and couldnt give my boss any advice to what to do. he is ringing the weber rep tomorrow to hear his thoughts, cant get hold of the blokes who done it.

its happening because the top coat is too tight scott and they should have basecoated over first with new beads then a top coat ruled properly

its happening because the top coat is too tight scott and they should have basecoated over first with new beads then a top coat ruled properly

agree, sounds like there ant enough depth put on.
why would you rub in the dark anyhow.

I thought it was strange that he done that. Thanks for your help ill let him know your thoughts. When i went on the weber course im sure he said you had to rend aid it first. but just wanted others opinions. Cheers guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.