advice on michelangelo finish if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

claw75

good evening some advice if possible. i've done a course on polish plastering and yet whilst it was useful, it is never as good as being taught by a time served professional,. so any answers or advice woud be grateful to a few questions. (apologies if ths has been discussed before) thank you in advance for any help given.

1) How long can the first coat of Michaelangelo be left to dry before a light scrape and application of second coat?

2) After polishing in a tight waterproofing wax after the final tight coat what waxes should be applied and in which order?

3)when polishing a room that has internal angles can you finish the internal or do you need to finish opposite walls/returns. and would you need to put new beads up on the angles.

i know these may seem silly questions to some but i only did tests on flat striaght walls.

thanks claw75

Hi mate. where did you do your course. Allow a good 8 hours between coats ideally. Depending on what you want 2 coats of cera wax are fine. You can also put a parrafin wax on top too. If you want it water proofing you need to apply a waterproofer before waxing.
Not sure what your asking on your third question. I don't use beads with venetian plaster. Simply work over the skim bead paying close attention to the edge and making it neat

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi mate. where did you do your course. Allow a good 8 hours between coats ideally. Depending on what you want 2 coats of cera wax are fine. You can also put a parrafin wax on top too. If you want it water proofing you need to apply a waterproofer before waxing.
Not sure what your asking on your third question. I don't use beads with venetian plaster. Simply work over the skim bead paying close attention to the edge and making it neat

Hi rob. Thank you for your post back. Haven't been on here for a while.. Did course at Golden trowel. Sorry about last question. I was trying to say if you had to do a whole room can you do it in one go working round the four walls. Or do you need to do a wall at a time.. If that makes more sense.
Also if you don't mind,sorry does it matter if you leave it more than 8 hours? Is there a time limit before applying second coat. If I left it 24/48 hours am I going to have problems?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Appreciate your help. Thanks claw 75 (cliff)

You can do all the walls at once. For that finish I would put the base coats on then mask up each internal edge individually so that you get a crisp edge on your finish.more than 8 hours is fine. You could wait a week between each coat theoretically and be ok

You can do all the walls at once. For that finish I would put the base coats on then mask up each internal edge individually so that you get a crisp edge on your finish.more than 8 hours is fine. You could wait a week between each coat theoretically and be ok

Hi rob.. Well after the help from you, we are on bathroom number two. So hopefully we doing something right. Think it's like all plastering the best way to learn is just to do it..(and ask for advice,when needed) Thanks for your help once again. Will post some pics when fully dried and waxing done. Cheers cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.