Advice on marble finish for bathroom walls

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeD

Private Member
I'd like to have a marble finish on my bathroom walls...I like the look of Tadelakt...

The plaster will be in the shower area so needs to be waterproof as I'm going onto plasterboard....

Do you need to tank first with these finishes?

Also what would you recommend for speed of application, I'd like to do all 4 walls at once if possible...it's only a small bathroom 2 x 2, ideally a slow setter so I have plenty of time to finish.

we have done a shower room where the shower area was done with 3 sheets of granite. i do not think that plasterboard would stand up to the use of a shower

You can apply venetian to a shower wall and as long as it's waterproofed and waxed correctly it will be fine. I also apply a water proofer to finished plaster before putting on venetian or microcement. I've not done any tadelakt before but believe it has great water proofing properties built into it similar to the way micro cement does. From your post I'm guessing you haven't done this before. I'd recommend getting someone who has

Its piss easy on your shower areas freed, just look at youtube videos and practice on boards in your garage before applying on actual job.
The trick to these finishes is to be patient and build up in 1-2mm increments then leave for 24 hours before reapplying.

2 Base coats of marmorino will be 1-2 mm max but the 3 coats of fine will be less than 1mm combined. Also you don't need to wait 24 hours . About 8 between coats will suffice. I do tend to leave 24 hours between final polished coat and wax ti give it more time to cure

Status
Not open for further replies.