Advice on laying on and trowel up

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothy

Hi guys

Could one of you please give me some advice on how to tackle awkward area`s when laying on plaster. Here is an example of what I mean............. Kitchen.jpg all the green highlighted area was what I recently had to plaster in a friends kitchen. My biggest problem was that the builder being an awkward tw@t went ahead and fitted the cupboards just before I arrived to skim the wall ! Anyway after covering everything up I started to lay on (top left corner being left handed) the area above the and between the cupboards was a nightmare. What would be the best way to lay on in area`s like these, how would you tackle this ?:RpS_crying:

Hi guys just read what I typed :huh:.....typing error. I do start up in the top right corner (being left handed). my biggest problem was that ive been told that you should never lay on plaster sweeping across the wall, you should always lay on going up the wall. But in this instance it wasn't possible to do that.
And when I came to troweling up the wall i was left with i lot of fat marks ! which really :mad: pissed me off. I think it was because i layed on horizontal and trowel`d up vertical.:RpS_scared:

As above, unless it was a C & N kitchen, then I wudda dropped it myself and then skimmed up:RpS_thumbup:

...........or got the midget trowel out.

you must know something i don't mate! The sponge...you must know something i don't mate! The sponge float is meant for rendering .....you don't lay on with it or trowel up with it :rolleyes)Sticky: You rough c**t , you cant produce the same finish...You rough c**t , you cant produce the same finish as plumb and dot doing freehand !! :RpS_thumbdn: you must be s**t!sponge float..:RpS_thumbdn: only good for...sponge float..:RpS_thumbdn: only good for amateurs. When your good like me:RpS_biggrin: you just lay on flat then second coat and trowel 4 times max..Job done!Do you still need help getting it off you're hawk you ******* w**k*r

There some of his previous posts mate have a look yourself .....bless him the Internet really is full of bullshitters

Doesn't matter which way you get it on (up down or accross) just get it on and drop staight back to tidy it up,

SPUNKY YOUR A SPUNK BUBBLE !
IT`S RIGHT WHAT THE BOYS SAY ABOUT YOU ....YOUR A ****!:RpS_thumbup:
you must know something i don't mate! The sponge...you must know something i don't mate! The sponge float is meant for rendering .....you don't lay on with it or trowel up with it :rolleyes)Sticky: You rough c**t , you cant produce the same finish...You rough c**t , you cant produce the same finish as plumb and dot doing freehand !! :RpS_thumbdn: you must be s**t!sponge float..:RpS_thumbdn: only good for...sponge float..:RpS_thumbdn: only good for amateurs. When your good like me:RpS_biggrin: you just lay on flat then second coat and trowel 4 times max..Job done!Do you still need help getting it off you're hawk you ******* w**k*r

OH BLESS ....You must have such a hectic schedule SPERMA..I mean spunk bubble......spunky. Trying to fit internet time around all your plastering work:flapper:...You clearly have to much time on your hands, result of a s**t plasterer.
Put your money where your mouth is and show us your handy work.
:RpS_biggrin:

Lol I haven't hit a nerve have I ? I'm merely commenting on what you've said?.....so you know sponges are for amateurs and if you float and set a wall you're rough because it should be plumb and dot yet one doesn't know where to start in which part of the wall? Is one lost and looking for the how to stack shelves forum?

SPUNK BUBBLE SPUNKY!
ARE YOU ACTUALLY QUALIFIED???.....Where have you got the float and set is rough s**t from mate?......If I remember I said that if you want a far flatter plumb wall when doing a backing coat , you can`t beat plumb and dot. But hey what do I know. lol. stick to growing your tomato`s mate.
Lol I haven't hit a nerve have I ? I'm merely commenting on what you've said?.....so you know sponges are for amateurs and if you float and set a wall you're rough because it should be plumb and dot yet one doesn't know where to start in which part of the wall? Is one lost and looking for the how to stack shelves forum?

smoothy, calm down mate! go get some prozac or summat, maybe try a course? dont know where to start my arse!

Status
Not open for further replies.