Advertising

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm wondering if anyone could help me. Any tips on finding work I've been advertising but have nothing.
Domestic or site?? Either way you need to know what yer doing . If your starting out then maybe try getting labouring job with builder and maybe he will let you loose if he believes in you. Sites you need be confident and fast or your be ripped apart , make no money and lose face. I have no idea of your abilities only you know that. Good luck(y)

There's loads of options about, billboards, yell, local paper, church mag, check a trade and a likes, van sign writing, Facebook and the list goes on depends on your budget.
Word of mouth is the best

I've done a gold trowel course for city and guilds and NVQ lvl 2 and done about 3 months labouring but work has dried up and in desperate need of money because I have 3 kids and its close to Xmas.

I've done a gold trowel course for city and guilds and NVQ lvl 2 and done about 3 months labouring but work has dried up and in desperate need of money because I have 3 kids and its close to Xmas.
How long are you at the plastering?.

He means that your knowledge and experience + capabilities in this game may well be limited therefore also as you have found your opportunities to find work at it harder.
Most of us have built up a reputation and network of clients and or sources of work. All we now know is you have done a course and limited crack at labouring which has now dried up.
You may be really good for all we know but nobody knows that, so as stated before try and get any type of work with local builders where you may get a chance to shine or be passed on if your any good. Only enter into advertising your skills to do the jobs in this field if you truly have them or you"ll make an arse of yerself. Just advice and best of luck ,very hard to know which way is best for you not knowing your level of capabilities. Sure peeps will do best to guide you .

I recommend you find a good established spread and offer your services as a labourer/ improver and dangle the carrot to offerfirst couple of days free or reduced rate to show your keen and not like alot out there, a f**k**g waste of time !!! Good luck and hope you get a start (y)

Agree with Marshy,
Also don't totally agree with advertising for one man bands.
It screams 'not very good'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with Marshy,
Also don't totally agree with advertising for one man bands.
It screams 'not very good'

Why's a one man band not very good? Is a lazy asre spread or two with a dobie labourer better?
Or you suggesting that only big companies are trustworthy?

What do you mean?
What I mean is are you long enough at it to have contacts built up if work gets a bit scarce which can happen anyone if a job gets called off at the last minute or a jobs not ready.The longer your at it the more contacts you should have.Best of luck.

Website, google my business, yell, free index, van sign writing, leaflets through doors, business cards in any businesses you are friendly with, local paper, get a t shirt and to wear it to the pub, supermarket, church, bungee jumping convention, G** pride parade etc. Slip into conversations with everyone you can what you do for a living Whatever you do when you get a job make it perfect and clean, tell them you're trying to build a reputation and leave them some cards, ask them thatif theyre happy with the work could they put one on their works notice board. Good luck

Also start small, if a jobs to big turn it down,, better to go without than ruin a reputation that you don't even have yet. That isnthe stuff I have planned anyway.

:lol:
Website, google my business, yell, free index, van sign writing, leaflets through doors, business cards in any businesses you are friendly with, local paper, get a t shirt and to wear it to the pub, supermarket, church, bungee jumping convention, G** pride parade etc. Slip into conversations with everyone you can what you do for a living Whatever you do when you get a job make it perfect and clean, tell them you're trying to build a reputation and leave them some cards, ask them thatif theyre happy with the work could they put one on their works notice board. Good luck
After all that u might find some time to work.

Also offer free blow jobs to anyone who'll give you a chance :maraca:

Why's a one man band not very good? Is a lazy asre spread or two with a dobie labourer better?
Or you suggesting that only big companies are trustworthy?

Jesus, wind your neck in or learn to read punctuation !

I'm a one man band at the minute, I mean the fact that a one man band advertising in the local rag or similar is a measure usually taken by people that aren't very good, in my experience at least.

Have you got one of those "vehicle card holders"?

You adhere them to the side of your van so people can take a business card wherever you're parked up, hope that helps a mate recommended it and it noticeably worked for me!

Have you got one of those "vehicle card holders"?

You adhere them to the side of your van so people can take a business card wherever you're parked up, hope that helps a mate recommended it and it noticeably worked for me!
To be honest I would just take a photo of the van...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.