advertise..

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewis

hi everyone i am running low on work AGAIN so i av put my ad back in local paper and put some more cards about..
i am also getting some flyers made up and getting a few youngsters to deliver em for me i have never done flyers before has any of you guys???any luck wiv it?? :-?

hi lew,iv put out flyers but got nothing through with them :(,getting my work with advertising and word of mouth ;D

i'd forget flyers unless your offering some sort of 2 for one deal and are targeting areas with real money...rich people love a discount... ;)

ive got flyers in shop windows,fish n chip shops, hairdressers, pizza places, anywhere i can put one really,ive had a few calls but it doesnt cost anythink to put them there so its free adertiseing really.....

some of my mates swear by local parish type magazines, mines all word of mouth though so i can't say whats best.

Got a good deal a while back 100 ballpoint pens got name, address, phone nos. etc. good quality pens i give em to people on site bit like a business card, bit of a gimmick too they love it

hi had 1000 leaflets delivered and not 1 call wouldnt bother had an ad in paper for 12 weeks and not a single call their either :mad:

like av said in other posts what do you do with leaflets when you get them through the letter box you have a quick look n bin it

so you rek it ant woth getting em done ????what other advertisement can i do????
post up your ad mate, lets see if its gonna stand out...the point is...if people read it and dont call, your ad aint good enough..end of..
you need to target the people who want plastering and make em think your gonna be 'better' than anyone else...
what would you look for in a plasterer and what would set an advert apart from another? would you start with a1 plastering and just go through the phone book or would you start with the one that screams 'im the guy you need'...

some people make big money from being 'advertising companies'.. they do research, they find out where the 'market' lies and they 'target' the market...
it only works to an 'extent' but what youre playin is the 'percentage game'...
1 percent of 1000 jobs is 10 jobs...
and thats usually good enough, the market, in my opinion at the minute is pretty stagnant, people cant make their minds up whether to move or improve...
im thinking, (seriously) of hitting the local parish paper of a small village near me thats dripping in gold...
gonna cost me about 200 quid for a quarter page, it comes out once a month, and the locals read the f'cker...got that from a local i did a job for and she knows her sh1t...or seems to..very clever girl...does it herself...we was on about ventian stuff and i'll do a wall in her house for free, shes one of the down to earth people in the village, the rest are up their own arse...i really dont care, if i say its 50 quid a metre for skim but im doin a discount say 10 quid a metre and they go for it...who's the muppet?

well, me obviously for givin away my best ideas!!!
naw thats why i like this site, its like my fave pub!!
were all in the same boat..i wonder how many 'guests' are more switched on than me tho...

some people make big money from being 'advertising companies'.. they do research, they find out where the 'market' lies and they 'target' the market...
it only works to an 'extent' but what youre playin is the 'percentage game'...
1 percent of 1000 jobs is 10 jobs...
and thats usually good enough, the market, in my opinion at the minute is pretty stagnant, people cant make their minds up whether to move or improve...
im thinking, (seriously) of hitting the local parish paper of a small village near me thats dripping in gold...
gonna cost me about 200 quid for a quarter page, it comes out once a month, and the locals read the f'cker...got that from a local i did a job for and she knows her sh1t...or seems to..very clever girl...does it herself...we was on about ventian stuff and i'll do a wall in her house for free, shes one of the down to earth people in the village, the rest are up their own arse...i really dont care, if i say its 50 quid a metre for skim but im doin a discount say 10 quid a metre and they go for it...who's the muppet?
thats exactly what my mates say, you target houses built in the 70's and 80's, (all artex ceilings) and villages with older properties that need maintenance. like segs says, at the moment hit the affluent areas

got it in a nutshell mate..
one part of my ad says 'artex ceilings overskimmed 100 quid' (my pound signs knackered) and it depends on the size of the ceiling, it means 3x4 tops, light artex, i ALWAYS look at the job first....and believe me ive seen a few jobs done cheap and wot a f'ckin mess, might as well not have bothered, needs another 2 coats....
how many people would balk at a onner to get a ceiling plastered??
then, get em to remove everything cos if not it'll be covered in plaster and...
anyone cheaper is either gonna go pop real quick, is either too young, or doesnt know how to price a job..whichever way you look at it, i can be in and out in 4 hours good job, takes 20 seconds to price....now, if i was a solicitor...

btw, it should say 'FROM 100 quid' but because i aint a limited company, have had no complaints, not one!! and nobody has ever questioned my advertising campaign i can do what i call 'copping a deaf 'un' with regard to the legalities of it...i aint stelios after all...
and once people understand wot theyre dealing with, and have had a few quotes from people that like to suck their teeth...well...

funny you say this my flyers has artex ceilings made smooth from £80 not that i am gunna do a ceiling for £80 tho .makes people think i am cheap just have to sell myself when i go and quote it...
think i will go ahead with the flyers and see what happens like you say i will target the right areas..
good advice guys fanx... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.