Adjustable depth beads

Members online

devneydutch

Anyone came across a bead that can be fixed to blockwork and the depth adjusted?

Got some curved walls to do onto block work and I swear I read something on here about them.

Thanks

It’s a big curved stairway that’s being micro cemented.

I’ve packed off stop beads in the past but thought someone might of seen these beads.

You can adjust them so they are perfectly plumb
i never heard of such a bead , normally can plumb any angle or stop , but as an old spread once said too me " if they wanted it plumb they should of built it plumb "

Blockwork is good but I like to get everything plumb, level and straight. You can’t blame the trade before for leaving a unsatisfactory job. It’s a 4 million quid house so telling the client it’s the blockies fault won’t cut it.

If its curved, you trying to set the beads plumb then rule off? How that work on
U have used a piece of skirting board before that’s flexible enough to match the curve and made a profile from it. Just use the beads too rule off like you said

Blockwork is good but I like to get everything plumb, level and straight. You can’t blame the trade before for leaving a unsatisfactory job. It’s a 4 million quid house so telling the client it’s the blockies fault won’t cut it.
of course you can blame a brickie , thats how you big yourself up and get more money to do the job right , get with it mate lol .

Anyone came across a bead that can be fixed to blockwork and the depth adjusted?

Got some curved walls to do onto block work and I swear I read something on here about them.

Thanks

the bricklayer can not build a curved wall out of blocks. as the wall is going to be float and set it would need a dubbing out coat first the a floating coat. why can you not form the curve freehand?

It’s about getting a better finish. When u put a level on the curve after it’s totally finished I want it to be plumb and no hollow spots. I would free hand it outside but inside needs to be bang on

Looks like I might of dreamt these beads up anyway as I’ve looked all through the net and can’t find em.

It’s about getting a better finish. When u put a level on the curve after it’s totally finished I want it to be plumb and no hollow spots. I would free hand it outside but inside needs to be bang on

i can not see the problem. the blockwork must be close to plumb. you can plumb a few screeds up as you float out the curve if you need. you will see any hollow spots as you feather in.

Of course you can.
If the blockwork is way out you can't be expected to rebuild the f**k**g thing

Tbf think I remember too there was a guy who mentioned these beads on a thread one time , will have a look at some of the old threads and report back