Acrylic Spray Tips

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry

Private Member
Hi guys look for tis and adviseof others that spray acrylic top coat. I sprayed with our ritmo for the first time today and wondered what settings anyone else uses?

First tip from me is make sure u have enough access! spraying in tight areas is difficult!

Keep the little rod tool out of the swing case in your pocket to release the odd blockage up on the scaff

It was weber 1.5

Was testing on my dads house while he is in spain. Over loaded a section next to his shed where access was tight then attacked it with a plastic and messed it up a bit :RpS_blushing:

It was on to painted s+c which i didnt prime so it pulled in quick and the platic just tore it up then smoothed.

Not a major problem ill just coat it again

Last edited:
What r/s u using @goody

What speed

How much u watering down?

Im gonna run at 0 next time as i think it will give me more control, maybe faster is for larger areas

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you spraying to a finish or finishing by hand currier? We had a demo and the chap turned it up mid flow and it was like I'm spraying skim it was an eze thingymebob

Bet your Dad will be happy when he gets home :RpS_unsure:

Ive got a week to sort it - Ill just blow another coat over it, its not that bad its just the texture is different when u rub it

I must say though that most of it looks very very nice and im well happy that it actually sprayed ok

I might have some externals on some the schools we are doing coming up and it will smash them!

That's what we had a go with no water but a low speed I imagine, it atomizes it you can barely see it happening keep having a play around currier maybe less is more and build it up

When I spray acrylic it's on speed 0(still turns at zero tho) so air to material ratio is max. That's quick enough. R&s is standard clamp b41.5
Two passes, you definitely get balder bits so it's worth going over again but it's easy to put too much gear on one spot which doesn't pull in as much as the rest....a bit of a saturation mark. So easier said than done but don't try and 100% cover on first pass. I fell into the trap doing this and the texture gets heavier the more you spray.

There's only so much you can add to the tubs anyway as they're pretty full...but it's about 500ml(bottle of coke ). The wetter it is the easier in the pipes but more importantly the flatter it sprays IMO.
On a side note, last year I did my house in 1mm dpr as a roughcast. Looks amazing. Swing gun and onboard compressor with air turned down at the gun and voila you've got a lovely roughcast setup that's better than mono roughcast IMO. Only prob is its quite expensive to do it that way as the dpr doesn't go as far. I've yet to try but I reckon parinter or better still maite(mixed to dpr consistency) would give you a wicked off white or cream(goo & j20) roughcast. Parmurex painted too.
Start experimenting.....it's a bit of a black art, but then your skim quest has been nothing but ey butt!

There's only so much you can add to the tubs anyway as they're pretty full...but it's about 500ml(bottle of coke ). The wetter it is the easier in the pipes but more importantly the flatter it sprays IMO.
On a side note, last year I did my house in 1mm dpr as a roughcast. Looks amazing. Swing gun and onboard compressor with air turned down at the gun and voila you've got a lovely roughcast setup that's better than mono roughcast IMO. Only prob is its quite expensive to do it that way as the dpr doesn't go as far. I've yet to try but I reckon parinter or better still maite(mixed to dpr consistency) would give you a wicked off white or cream(goo & j20) roughcast. Parmurex painted too.
Start experimenting.....it's a bit of a black art, but then your skim quest has been nothing but ey butt!

why not just use sand coarse mate and spray normal air speed ?

take a picture of a section and send me i want see. were just dabbling with our swing now on acrylics

Ok John. I used 1mm dpr and ran out. Had to finish in random 1.5 mm white tubs by other makes and is say the 1mm sprayed blobier. The 1.5 went ever so slightly finer. The smallness of the grain looks more convincing as its a better match to traditional as there's not lots of chunky aggregate within the blobs. That's why I think maite in a powder etc but not dry as **** like mono texture will give good traditional looking roughcast.

I reckon that'd look mint I like the colour of Maite, do you ever have any probs with it ruining you're hoses etc its evil stuff to clean

It's the first round tip for 0.5mm. Can't remember what I used for the 1mm. Sure I read a jubb data sheet ages ago and they said your spray tip should be 3 times the size of the aggregate your spraying.

Ok cool I used the second largest for 1.5mm and it looks excellent on the nice bits, ill post a pic in a hour or so

Anyone got a spray job coming up give me a shout and I will like to have a gander. Preferably a full house with windows and doors and scaffold lifts.

Come down to Plymouth mate I'm doing tons of it here

What tip did you used to use for tyrolean finish using mono ? will mono block the swing if its mixed too stiff as in mixed as if you were going to hand apply it ?
had couple of blockages and cant fathom why.

does anyone know if the speeds on the ritmo are the same as on the swing, as in will number 3 on the swing have the same RPM/output as number three on the ritmo ?

We used the medium tip and the mono was mixed wettish, not like skim but to wet to lay by hand if you know what I mean.
As far as I am aware the swing had the same settings as the Ritmo.

Just have a play with the speed and air settings until you get the desired finish and spray in two passes

i had a good uniform finish but it seemed alot of dry fine specs with more random bigger specs dotted about.

i think the suction was too much and we did too much on the first pass before turning back, also possible that we moved too quiick over the wall rather than get the build up.

i recon we used 6 bags of parmurex to texture the gable of 40M how does that sound.

I want it to be perfect, i wont sleep until i hone the technique see - its my curse

Status
Not open for further replies.