ACRYLIC RENDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUSH_9

HI ALL

IM AFTER ANSWERS FROM ANYONE THAT HAS EXPERIENCE OF WORKING WITH ACRYLIC RENDER..

WHAT REPUTABLE MANUFACTUERS ARE OUT THERE, AT THE MO IM LOOKING AT WETHERBYS.

IM AWARE THAT THAT THE APPLICATION IS THE SAME AS TRADITIONAL RENDER, HOWEVER WHAT I CANT FIND OUT IS WHEN TO RUB UP / AND WITH WHAT.

IM AN EXPERIENCED SPREAD BUT NEW TO THIS STUFF..

ALL REPLIES MUCH APPRECIATED.

REGARDS MUSH

Hi mate is that the same sort of thing as weber mono and k- rend? i can help you with that stuff

ALRIGHT MATE CHEERS FOR YOUR TIME, VERY SIMLAR TO K-REND I THINK, LOOKED AT THAT PRODUCT ALSO, WOULD EVEN USE IT INSTEAD OF WETHERBYS, JUST NEED TO KNOW WHENS RIGHT TO START RUBBING UP, ANY INFO YOUV'E GOT MORE THAN WELCOME..

K- REND you can do in a few ways you can use there base and scratch it the same as you would sand - cement or just do two coats of the top coat , you can even use it straight on the blocks ;) rubbing up wise you use a nail float (you get them from k- rend or decent tool hire shops ) depending on the weather and tempretures you can leave over night or finish it after a few hours if in the sunshine to test it , it should not make a mark when you press your thumb into it but should make a mark when you press your finger nail into it or if you start floating its to wet if your nail float keeps clogging up ,just rub floatin small circles and brush off with soft broom head .

Hope it goes well, just another small tip is to trowel a thin coat over all your beads (about 3mm) as it takes that amount off when floating up.

had a wetherby catalogue given to me the other week and samples had stickers on the back under the sticker was another sticker that said k rend asked the rep and he said there stuff is k rend sold under licence so there you go

Status
Not open for further replies.