Achey wrist !!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed78

Hello I did a ceiling with my friend wednesday.
He can't plaster so he laboured for me.
Well it was about 9 feet by about 12 feet.(biggest I've ever done)
Now i put the first coat on and it went ok till i tried to flatten it it was quite stiff so i give it loads of pressure on my trowel.
Then same happened with second coat took me ages of hard work to get it flat & right. Just over 3hrs.
I was still spraying water on it as it was turning a chocolatey colour because i wasn't happy with it.
And i had to do it all on my own the troweling up!
So anyway my wrist was in a bad way on wednesday night,
i had to put my hand in a bowl of warm water on my lap most the night.
And it's still not back to normal today.

So my question is how do you guys manage to do ceilings all the time??
Does your wrist just get used to applyin loads of pressure to it everyday?
And what do you guys do if it's achin like mine is?

No come on, what do you do?
Because soon when i'm gonna be plastering everyday i don't want this happening again!

Mr A D plasterin where in walsall do you live? i used to live there years ago.
Maybe if you need a hand i can give you my telephone number?

i get the odd problem with my wrist, fractured it when i first started out and it didnt heal properly so it would stiffen up in the cold weather. just use a support band when it plays up.

Yeah mate that's probably why your wrist is sore to much for one if I'm doing one that big I would price it for 3 spreads and one lab and I would want a full days money for each with all the prep and cleaning that go's with it

yeah minimum of 3, maybe even 2 labourers one to carry buckets and emptying them on the spot and another constantly mixing

Good point set you can never have enough labourers escpecially as I charge the customer £150 a day for them and only pay the lab 110 so I would make 80 just on the labourers

you charge the customer 150 a day for a labourer?????!!!! Thats ridiculous. You can get away with charging 220 a day round here for a lazy arse labourer that desn't know his arse from his kneecap

No come on, what do you do?
Because soon when i'm gonna be plastering everyday i don't want this happening again!

Mr A D plasterin where in walsall do you live? i used to live there years ago.
Maybe if you need a hand i can give you my telephone number?
you must be F*****g jokin lab 4 me the s**t u come out with i through a trowell at my brother who was labin 4 me on site 4 doein a s**t job beadin up you lab 4 me not even 4 free

Ahmed, in all seriousness you are probably getting an achey wrist due to the trowel you are using. You probably invested in one of those shiny Marshalltown ones but this is where the problem lies. You need to get yourself to Homebase or B&Q and get one of their own brand ones. If you are paying more than seven quid you are being ripped off. You'll be amazed at the difference it makes to your wrist once you start using the proper tools, and you might be surprised at the finish you can achieve as well.

Marshalltown my arse.

Good point Stilton I think marsheltown are rubbish as they are made in America for use with American plaster

Well i actually bought a ragni from b and q it's ok though.

A D plasterin I'm only just startin out mate tbf
same as you did when you started & i bet you asked questions aswell mate?
What course did you do mate?

£150, £220 wot the hell!! For a labourer?

What height was you from the ceiling mate this can bring problems when skimming ceilings.

Well i actually bought a ragni from b and q it's ok though.

A D plasterin I'm only just startin out mate tbf
same as you did when you started & i bet you asked questions aswell mate?
What course did you do mate?

£150, £220 wot the hell!! For a labourer?

dident doe any courses self tourt thats why its time served nvq level 2 last year dident eveen goe 2 college verifier come 2 me on job sighn this sighn that need this need that cscs carded done

Yeah mate that's probably why your wrist is sore to much for one if I'm doing one that big I would price it for 3 spreads and one lab and I would want a full days money for each with all the prep and cleaning that go's with it

Yep i'm with barry on this one

To be honest mate you should be able to do a ceiling like that on ur own If u have everything prepared b4 u start. E.g Nah open, buckets of water ready, scrim up etc. U must be holding the trowel wrong. Try holding the trowel in ur other hand

oH BOY!....

ceilings get easier with time, because you lay them on neater, try and keep lines to a minimum that way if it does start pulling in on teh first coat its not a big deal as its already fairly flat.... Also if you think you might get caught out lay teh first one aon a nats cock thicker, gives you a bit more time.

Other than that I would say start wanking 5 times a day then you will not only have strong wrists but you will be too drained to go ruining th3 general publics property and that will mean saving you money in law suits ;-)....lol

wank.gif
Achy wrist? Change hands if I were you... :RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.