Aches and Pains!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pug

I'm 40 and have spent most of my working life on building sites, on the hod, digging holes and now plastering. I've got a copper bangle, take cod liver oil and see a chiropracter every couple of months. Any other old buggers out there got any remedies for aches and pains (other than staying in the pub?) ;D

Well i'm 33 and watched my old man deteriat from plastering. Started with a torn cartilage in his knee, and had to operate, and it seemed to get worse every year until he was actually classed as disabled with crumbling spine. He was on all sorts of pain killers and tablets, and was still doing a bit until he died 4 years ago. He had just finished a small render job and died in his sleep with a blood clot to the main artery he was 64 and had been plastering since he was 16. Its funny as i started when i was 15 and know what sort of delights im heading for, and dont want to change it for anything............well thats unless i win the lottery.

Sorry to hear about your dad Bod, he must have enjoyed what he did for living tho. As for me, learning to plaster was the best thing I ever did, I look forward to going to work these days. That said, I'm learning to tattoo so when my elbow/shoulder/back/knees go I got a sit down job lined up!

Good call i think i need to find a back up, but when its all you have ever done its hard to get your head round some thing else, suppose i could always teach lol.

same boat, 36, feel 46...im down to 2 sets a day, 5 days of that and im knackered..
when i was in my 20's it was 2 ibuprofen 400's and 2 stellas, couldnt feel a thing...cant even do that anymore cos 2 stellas and i wanna stay in the pub...or go home..
what i do now is go and see a physio, paul parkin, works with the british athletics team, well clued up bloke...just needs a top up massage, straighten out every month or two...
he'll get his fingernails in the tendons and stuff at the top of my glutes, lower back, side of knees etc, hurts like hell but it works wonders, takes a day or so to ease up..quick massage and bobs your dads brother...
costs 30 quid for an hour...
dont think any old massage does it, they need to know what theyre doin, sees a lot of builders and plumbers (boilers etc) and gives some bloody good advice..
good tip - lie on your back with your calves/feet on the settee, knees at 90 degrees, thin cushion under your lower back if need be...wot it does is take the pressure off everything allowing it to relax and sort itself out...takes about 20 minutes, and get up slowly...youll notice the difference...got that from paul...
btw, the stiff neck and shoulders he sorts in about 20 seconds, its the lower back, knees and top of my arse thats the problem...its all in the tendons and stuff, and its all connected right from your achilles heel to the top of your neck...
told me about a footballer that kept getting headaches..turns out hes got an achilles heel problem, posture was doin him in...

Status
Not open for further replies.