Abu dhabi work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Render Systems

Private Member
Hi i was asked to price 19,000 m2 of EIFS EWI in abu dhabi last week by one of the biggest companies in the gulf... also a mate of mine knows the contracts manager so it could be mine if i want it... however the cost of me getting brits over there as well as renting accommodation will cost a mint £1,500 per man per visa to begin with and £800.00 flights each... anyway i offered my services as a project manager/trainer on the job as easier for me just to turn up and get on with local labour....
anyway the contracts manager told me that the local firms tendering for the work were not very up to speed with the system and they will tender very high to cover mistakes and delays up.
anyway i got a couple of emails from manufactures agent asking if i wanted to expand ny business over there as there words (I have a very good reputation in the industry) they have offered assistance also.
I will let you know what happens next week... as to be honest theres loads of work over there
so if it comes off let me know if there are any travelers amongst you as i would set it up as me managing and requiring 4-5 foremen trainers for the locals...
fingers crossed:rolleyes)

As you know i am fluent in the language my missus would wave me goodbye tomorrow, just need to learn the system but im sure it would only take a morning xxxx

the system is a doddle john... its controlling the locals and getting it through their thick skulls... you have to be on their backs all the time... the way i ran the big job i Kuwait was more like a miliary operation... i trained 4 good philipino spreads for a couple of days then they were made foremen in charge of 15 men each... i gave them an extra £1.00 a day as supervisors and it worked very well... I also had another guy in charge of the foremen and he told me what was going on 3 or 4 times a day... so basically i just needed to shout at the one guy (Romeo) honest that was his name...

straight up mate no bulshit im in and mi mate if u wantus. being away is my thing anyways. so be sure to give us the nod wen its all happening and we cna talk biznis later yeah

not a clue mate dun loadsa diferent types of renders. but cudnt tell ya the names of them. just crack on with jobs at let sum1 else worry bout what its called lol

An extra pound a day you sya this is gettin more and more interesting :)

no mate thats what the philipino formen got 10 years ago... the lads were on the equivelent to £10.00 per day so the foremen got £11.00 mind you the robbing b*sterds are on nearly £20.00 a day now...

dont now about eifs ewi but done lods ov alsoco base mesh & top & alsalite & insulation boards with mushroom fixings plus krend systems inc mono & weber systems inc mono would i cut the mustard :RpS_thumbup:

At least you can drink there unlike some places:

Only restaurants located in hotels are allowed to serve alcohol. Therefore, all nightlife is associated with hotels. The drinking age is 21, but most places don't care. Unlike some other Middle Eastern nations, the bars in Abu Dhabi will be able to accommodate most drink orders.

Technically, you are supposed to purchase a permit to buy alcohol for private storage, although Spinney's and other liquor stores usually take proof that you aren't a local Muslim (a military ID or driver's license.)

At least you can drink there unlike some places:

Only restaurants located in hotels are allowed to serve alcohol. Therefore, all nightlife is associated with hotels. The drinking age is 21, but most places don't care. Unlike some other Middle Eastern nations, the bars in Abu Dhabi will be able to accommodate most drink orders.

Technically, you are supposed to purchase a permit to buy alcohol for private storage, although Spinney's and other liquor stores usually take proof that you aren't a local Muslim (a military ID or driver's license.)

well thats the important end coverd bottoms up and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.