about to try plastering

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen97

hello all,iam just about to try and plaster my toilet,ive stripped down the wall paper.the wall is a bit rough,you can see somebodys repaired some damage to the wall by plastering, not the best of jobs,ive worked with plasters before ive seen how it should look,got a few questions if anyone could help,first of all what tools is a must,ive got a pasterers hawk got all the trowels ive got a mixer, a mixing bucket,and bottle of pva glue,do i need a darby and a plastic float or anything else iam missing,also ive got a bag of thistle under coat plaster,and a bag of finish plaster,i seen somewhere thistle multi finish is best,will the ones ive got be alright,i know it will be tough to do but iam gonnae watch some vids on you tube, take my time and give it a bash,just want to make sure ive got the right stuff before i even attempt it,any tips would be great cheers

Welcome to the forum. The tools that you have are more than sufficient to complete the task. Don't bother using the undercoat plaster unless there are deep hollows to fill. You're going to need more than one bag of plaster. What type of finish plaster do you have? :)

Alright bud welcome.:RpS_thumbup: if you could post some pics we could advise better,is it just needing skimmed? Or is there some undercoat. needed?
Sounds like you have all the tools, trowels etc ..... do you have a pyecost?
Good luck with it

alright cheers its thistle finish coat plaster for undercoat plaster its 7,5g, a wee bag a should have said,nobother il get more plaster cheers,no hollows to fill,yeah its just needing skimmed il get a pic up, thanks,where do i get a pyecost from griegs

alright cheers its thistle finish coat plaster for undercoat plaster its 7,5g, a wee bag a should have said,nobother il get more plaster cheers,no hollows to fill,yeah its just needing skimmed il get a pic up, thanks,where do i get a pyecost from griegs

Damm. you Stephen :RpS_cursing:....:RpS_lol:

Get yourself some multi finish mate:RpS_thumbup:

ha ha fatarm nearly fell for it,googled it thinking whats he on about, right multi finish will do cheers for the help guys, having trouble getting a pic up will get one up when ive sorted it

Dont you think you're better of getting a plasterer in the money you spend on tools you could pay someone to do it

yes it s easy peesee i dont know why people bother with hireing plasters when the could do it themselves it s a big con

hello all,iam just about to try and plaster my toilet,ive stripped down the wall paper.the wall is a bit rough,you can see somebodys repaired some damage to the wall by plastering, not the best of jobs,ive worked with plasters before ive seen how it should look,got a few questions if anyone could help,first of all what tools is a must,ive got a pasterers hawk got all the trowels ive got a mixer, a mixing bucket,and bottle of pva glue,do i need a darby and a plastic float or anything else iam missing,also ive got a bag of thistle under coat plaster,and a bag of finish plaster,i seen somewhere thistle multi finish is best,will the ones ive got be alright,i know it will be tough to do but iam gonnae watch some vids on you tube, take my time and give it a bash,just want to make sure ive got the right stuff before i even attempt it,any tips would be great cheers

A flask and some cheese/ tomatoe sarnies,yoghurt and Club biscuits.:RpS_cool:

do you come from Chard, Somerset the home of powered flight LOL.............

Yes indeed. John Stringfellow (not Peter's brother) invented a powered aircraft in 1848, ahead of the yanks in 1903. All done here in good old Chard.
It's about the only interesting fact about Chard other than Mr Blobby lived here for a while. Lol.

Yes indeed. John Stringfellow (not Peter's brother) invented a powered aircraft in 1848, ahead of the yanks in 1903. All done here in good old Chard.
It's about the only interesting fact about Chard other than Mr Blobby lived here for a while. Lol.

James Gillingham was from chard. Pioneered prosthetic limbs. On another note I'm also from Chard. Small world!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.