A watcher.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worthy84

Alreet lads. Only posted a couple of times but come on quite a bit for a look. Anyway I did what was supposed to be an easy job yday patch up where a walls been took out, round rsj etc, and the tw@ of a customer stood/sat and leaned in the room watching for the whole 6 hours only left for a piss. Ive had 'watchers' before but not like him.

How do you guys politely get shut of them?

Had this recently, me and the lab. The lady stood there all day saying how she loves watching plasterers then when the lab went to mix some gear she tried taking the bucket trowel to feed me! I said I'd better go out with him to mix as she was driving me nuts. Don't mind the odd minute watching but when is someone is standing not talking it's a bit much.

I sort of like bump into em or brush past em so they think there in the way or bend over right next to em an shove your dumper in there faces the annoying freaks

Had this recently, me and the lab. The lady stood there all day saying how she loves watching plasterers then when the lab went to mix some gear she tried taking the bucket trowel to feed me! I said I'd better go out with him to mix as she was driving me nuts. Don't mind the odd minute watching but when is someone is standing not talking it's a bit much.
did she have a copy of fifty shades lying about,you missed a trick there..

I wonder do people watch the younger spreads more than the older ones,do they assume age equals experience..?

Just turn around and wee on them ?? They would leave you alone at least for a good few mins while they have to get changed etc??

It does not bother me when customers watch me to be honest. they can run on all they like and say. its amazing what you do and a real art and all the other bull crap. My favorite is always can i help, of which i generally reply yes you can clean the skim buckets out if you like.Most do aswell but quite a few after doing that bugger off and leave you alone. For the other persistent ones. I then tend to start bitching and moaning about anything i can think of to see how much they can take. This normally leads on to how you get nice customers and tight feckers also. I did this just last week where i told the customer that i recently had a job where they felt the need to pay me more than i asked for by a very nice amount.then the customer who wants the job for cash thinking there on the save . You then tell them for instance the job with mats is say £174 and they are that tight they cant give you a quid. This job the builder was paying me for the days work but she forced 40 notes in my hand. I then was asked by the builder to price a ceiling on the same job for asap and customer is paying.Got it done 4 days later . easy half day and to my surprise another 40 notes drink. I can only assume some customers think I am special with a capital SP. It could be because i do a good clean job, but i think they feel sorry for me :RpS_laugh:

Had one the other week. Stood there watching all day. Worst is when I'm packing up. And they start carrying stuff out like they want you to **** off right away. Then all me stuff just ends up Al over the van. Just leave me the keys and disappear I'll call when I want paying.

When I get asked if they can help I say the best thing you can do is just leave me to it thanks, they think I'm a cu*t but I'm there for money not to make friends. Also. If they are watching for more than an hour ish I just start answering with one words answers, they get they message.

When I get asked if they can help I say the best thing you can do is just leave me to it thanks, they think I'm a cu*t but I'm there for money not to make friends. Also. If they are watching for more than an hour ish I just start answering with one words answers, they get they message.

its even worse if you were intending on just giving it a quick 1 coat!!!! and have to end up mixing up again!!!!!!! agggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:RpS_blushing:

its even worse if you were intending on just giving it a quick 1 coat!!!! and have to end up mixing up again!!!!!!! agggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:RpS_blushing:

mate ... I've lost my touch with one coat, it keeps going wrong and taking longer than 2 coat! I know what to do, but forgot what to do lol ......

mate ... I've lost my touch with one coat, it keeps going wrong and taking longer than 2 coat! I know what to do, but forgot what to do lol ......

Do you know what John id never 1coated anything in my life until about 2 yrs ago then worked with a couple of lads who were mega on boardwork with it and I finaly succumbed to it...never thought you could make it look so good but was easy once being shown....

problem is it seems sooooooo bloody hard when you have to go back to proper 2 coating after and makes you lazy and you start trying to 1coat stuff that you know is defo guna need 2coats etc...

funnily enough ive struggled on a couple of my last boardwork jobs and thought it would have been much easier to just 2coat in first place also!!!!

I had it down to a tea, and I kid you know the finish was better than 2 coat work. But I'm doing something wrong at moment with it, so 2 coating. On one job I was same, trying to one coat what should have been 2, turns into a headache lol

ditto mate...im determind to get it under the belt though again as can be a real life saver at times for pushing jobs on and when prices are tight...

ive gone past the days of being a martar and going home at 6 when can be in the van for 4!!! feck that!!!

sounds bad but you just need a job where you know you can afford to not overly worry about standard and persevere and then your alright its when you start threating hallway through the set and abort the missin lol

Also think its thrown me now as didn't used to use plaza/speedys etc and I think your better off without when 1 coating as its literaly 1 chance and time everything to a tea or yer fekd!!!

ditto mate...im determind to get it under the belt though again as can be a real life saver at times for pushing jobs on and when prices are tight...

ive gone past the days of being a martar and going home at 6 when can be in the van for 4!!! feck that!!!

sounds bad but you just need a job where you know you can afford to not overly worry about standard and persevere and then your alright its when you start threating hallway through the set and abort the missin lol

Also think its thrown me now as didn't used to use plaza/speedys etc and I think your better off without when 1 coating as its literaly 1 chance and time everything to a tea or yer fekd!!!

I used to love it, not only for quickness but for quality. I even used it on jobs you wouldn't dream of because I had it Sussed, the only difference I know of it I recently been using a orange sponge from wickes, but when doing it before I was always using the refina with the blue sponge ... And it was very good.

I dont sponge unless the wheel falls off. But i do need a plasszzy to one coat to an aceptable standard...

Funnily enough ive never sponged when 1coating though used to occasionaly on 2 coat work....

I just mix it up thick...apply over beads and scrim first and lay it on thick and just catch it early...:RpS_thumbup:

Tbh my system was use ss to lay on, s*p*r*lex to flatten and plazzy to finish. I me tioned this about two yrs back before superflexs where in fashion and was shot down for it.. now everyone on the s*p*r*lex band wagon

Funnily enough ive never sponged when 1coating though used to occasionaly on 2 coat work....

I just mix it up thick...apply over beads and scrim first and lay it on thick and just catch it early...:RpS_thumbup:

That just sounds wrong . . . I've Never one coated without sponge!!! Lol

Tbh my system was use ss to lay on, s*p*r*lex to flatten and plazzy to finish. I me tioned this about two yrs back before superflexs where in fashion and was shot down for it.. now everyone on the s*p*r*lex band wagon

Never tried that way mate, also can't get on with super flexs . . .

I used to mess the timings up with sponge and get scratches in the finish. Went too grainy on me

Alreet lads. Only posted a couple of times but come on quite a bit for a look. Anyway I did what was supposed to be an easy job yday patch up where a walls been took out, round rsj etc, and the tw@ of a customer stood/sat and leaned in the room watching for the whole 6 hours only left for a piss. Ive had 'watchers' before but not like him.

How do you guys politely get shut of them?
Get careless with the water brush, constantly ask them if the kettle's on, send them for fresh buckets of water, splatter them with finish. They soon fook off :RpS_thumbup:

I start flicking water around or splattering the gear in their direction. Only if they're really getting on ya tits though.I got watched for 5 days solid back in the 80s. I mean an armchair job! Then when It was pay time, not a soul in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.