A tale of 2 Customers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.B

I took some invoices round to a couple of customers the a couple of weeks ago. I saw them in person but I did not expect them to pay there and then.
First customer: "thanks for doing a good job, stay there let me get my cheque book il pay you now."
Second customer: "thanks mate il see you later."

Still awaiting my money!

I'm starting on a list of terms and conditions for my quotes. In it will state 'payment is due immediately after completion of the work'.

The only time I finish a job without a cheque in my wallet is when I do jobs for local builders whom I trust will pay..... Oh and insurance jobs when they keep you on phone for about a month....

I give them the invoice on the morning of the day before i finish & ask them to settle up tomorrow when I finish.
Fcuk dropping invoices off days after you've finished jobs then waiting for payment & running round picking up money/cheques.
The longer you leave it the less they'll want to pay & make up excuses. :RpS_cursing:
Strike will the irons hot :RpS_thumbup:
It's business not charity!

touch wood ive always been paid within a day of completing work ..... like my old man says 'never be afraid to ask for your money'

had my time wasted by insurance scams from people ... theyve all been told not to contact me and got one tonight thats a repair from eon.... already told the guy im not chasing eon for money but apparently when i go round he's gonna 'tell me' what needs doing hahahha ... gonna try getting new ceilings etc ... pity im not bothering going round after the way he spoke on the phone ... no intention of getting the work done just the ££ from eon

touch wood ive always been paid within a day of completing work ..... like my old man says 'never be afraid to ask for your money'

had my time wasted by insurance scams from people ... theyve all been told not to contact me and got one tonight thats a repair from eon.... already told the guy im not chasing eon for money but apparently when i go round he's gonna 'tell me' what needs doing hahahha ... gonna try getting new ceilings etc ... pity im not bothering going round after the way he spoke on the phone ... no intention of getting the work done just the ££ from eon

tell him that you only give insurance quotes to a loss adjuster. the cost of a quote is £100 for other claims, as most people just pocket the money. the £100 is refunded if you do the work.

I took some invoices round to a couple of customers the a couple of weeks ago. I saw them in person but I did not expect them to pay there and then.
First customer: "thanks for doing a good job, stay there let me get my cheque book il pay you now."
Second customer: "thanks mate il see you later."

Still awaiting my money!

i do not give invoices to private customers. when i give the quote i write it on the back of a business card and leave that with them.
if a customer had said to me thanks i will see you later. i would have made appointment with him there and then to pick up the payment.
you have left it for two weeks. phone him now he may have the cash there waiting for you!
collecting your payments is the most important work of any business.

Last edited:
i do not give invoices to private customers. when i give the quote i write it on the back of a business card and leave that with them.
if a customer had said to me thanks i will see you later. i would have made appointment with him there and then to pick up the payment.
you have left it for two weeks. phone him now he may have the cash there waiting for you!
collecting your payments is the most important work of any business.
A kick up,the derierrer deri is what is needed

We have got a mobile card machine now. Fed up with punters giving it the 'no cash' excuse, stick your plastic in the slot.........paid:RpS_thumbsup:

how much dose that cost

Funny enough we were talking to a plumber on site about it today, £20 a month plus 1.8% transaction charge.
Peanuts really compared to the cost of keep going back to punters to collect.
The look on their face when you whip the machine out at the end of the job is worth £20 a month:RpS_thumbup:

Funny enough we were talking to a plumber on site about it today, £20 a month plus 1.8% transaction charge.
The look on their face when you whip the machine out at the end of the job is worth £20 a month:RpS_thumbup:
priceless worth every penny

Those days have gone friend!
We had a job the other week where a painter left before us with a promise, we got paid:RpS_thumbup:
I think its great, disgusting people been left hanging for their already earned money, I remember sites with the policy of work a month before you invoice and then you get paid the next month, so you are two months swinging, giving credit for free and with risk

I think its great, disgusting people been left hanging for their already earned money, I remember sites with the policy of work a month before you invoice and then you get paid the next month, so you are two months swinging, giving credit for free and with risk

I don't think it would work on 'big' sites (which we don't do!) I'm not sure if the site manager would be too cool about paying you out of his personal account:RpS_scared:

I normally work for those I know, sometimes I wait if their funds are low, sometimes its early if my funds are low. Sometimes I am pissed off too, its the unknowns ...

Dont really matter how much it's for , that's not the point,£20 £2000 uve earnt it .

there you go again jumping in
i was asking how much it was because the price might be too much to get out of the bank on the day the worker turned up with the bill, its £200 a day isnt it? and if hes like me/us he won't have a cheque book, oh and i do agree it doesnt matter how much it is!!

have a scan round you can get them without the monthly charges, ill have a look and post it up if i can find it, you just plug it into your phone and away ya go

Status
Not open for further replies.