A question for the dampproofers!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Alreet fellow black magic practicioners......is anyone a member of the Property Care Association?? is it any good?? do you get any graft from it??

Cheers for all replies............even from the non-believers...........:RpS_thumbup:

P.S.danny can we have a black magic section ??

Yes good idea but can we call it the magic section? Please
very polite flynnymarra...........think its up to the big cheese to decide......:RpS_wink:
I think any Association is a bit iffy , how much is this one ?

its £400 a year but you have to attend a contractor training seminar thingy according to the website............the dampproofing association membership is about £1000.........WTF.....:-0

very polite flynnymarra...........think its up to the big cheese to decide......:RpS_wink:

its £400 a year but you have to attend a contractor training seminar thingy according to the website............the dampproofing association membership is about £1000.........WTF.....:-0
What do you get out of it ? bit like the BWDPA which i think is the top one ,if you don,t need it £400 alot and a day of work ,so that,s £425 :RpS_wink:

I do a magic spell which stops the damp. It's £800 and I'll write you a letter that makes it stay away for 25 years and one month

There's an ethnic in London wanting someone to write him a letter to his insurance company stating that his felt roof damage was not caused by 'falling damp'.
i kid you not, I replied to his ad on Freeindex, I'll try and copy it on here later

So they are saying they have broken away from the BWPDA ? which i think is £2000 ,and they want £400 , sounds a bit ...

As I understand it the BWPDA is the PCA. There was some kind of change and they renamed it.

As I understand it the BWPDA is the PCA. There was some kind of change and they renamed it.
when you look into Arti,s link ,looks like a break away from it , i will give my mate a ring tomorrow ,he has been in the game along time

Last edited:
aye marra the minimum you pay is £400 on a turnover of 100k or less.........do you reckon its worth being associated with it or is it just bollox??

Now i have had a chat with my mate ,he has been in the game for over 35 years ,and has one of the biggest companies in the south east ,he is in it ,and what you over heard from the surveys is true ,if it was me £400 is not alot ,now i know the set up . Sorry for any confusion i have caused :RpS_blushing:

Sounds to me that a bunch of "experts" got together to make a bit extra cash from a few mugs.

If your anygood you should not need to hide behind some group.

tell you what give me £300 and i will send you a nice sticker for your van :flapper:

Sounds to me that a bunch of "experts" got together to make a bit extra cash from a few mugs.

If your anygood you should not need to hide behind some group.

tell you what give me £300 and i will send you a nice sticker for your van :flapper:

Its not about hiding behind a group its about being drip fed work from surveyors who work for mortgage companies & housing associations etc..........cheers for the offer of the sticker though...................:huh:

i would like to think he's gonna give me more than a sticker for 300 large...............:RpS_unsure:

Haha nice one, well there is guys out there who basically advertise they are recommended by estate agents etc etc.

And i have lost track of how many cock ups i have seen by them, the get recommendation because they don't spot too much so the estate agent gets the sale.

Then as soon as they start to open things up bang extras.

I tend to be of the opinion that it takes years of good work before people start passing your name about, especially chartered surveyors.

I have been doing it since 1995 and the chemical companies will sell it to any half wit, do you intend to do surveys ?

Well i think if i get enough interest i will do a few pens, coasters, clipboards etc and of course a signed "mug" lol.

you need to be a member of pca to be able to have be able to offer insurance backed
guarentees
looks quite strict rules on joining ...?

think the only other way of offering guarentee is to become an approved installer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.