a poor spread

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st time I ever ever met an English spread on site in London was in 1991. They had sticky scrim , the feckers cos the tight Paddy subbies wouldn't pay for it.

they couldn't hack the pace or quality though :RpS_thumbsup:

Dziecki now though, no clerk of works, everyone's a plasterer
Yes imagine,if every job had a surprise visit once a week by clerk of works.checking squareness ,plumb ness and the quality of the work,a lot of people would go quiet..

plus all clerks are dead now any way they all died off years ago along with good building practices .

Yes just imagine it @johniosaif, you'd be on disability benefits by now lol.
Not too far from it as I am now,it's just some people who have never been checked for these things on site would be in for a serious shock, doing one now I honor oak se23 ,the carpenters have absolutely destroyed the joinery,you would cry if it was your house,butchered the new doors and windows.. There needs to be some accountability by tradespeople

I did a house for an old clerk of the works in Sydenham 25 yrs ago, it was great, I was young and eager and he wanted it nice and plumb,margins equal,beads in line,he didn't go overboard but it was a nice job to do, I worked for a qs for years, you do learn a bit from thesepeople but also worked for many a bang it out firm..

The one and only time a clerk spoke to me was when , i was flicking a brush full of water on a fair size hit me and my mate had on , he walked past and said " if you have to do that , you have to much plaster on , adding water weakens plaster and makes it brittle " i didnt say much cause i guessed he knew what he was talking about .

Status
Not open for further replies.