a hate ceilings

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott

did a ceiling today n me shoulders knackerd a hate ceilings :mad:theres a bloke a know that loves doing them any 1 else out there crazy? :eek:

if you use stilts it is alot easier quicker and better finish, id much rather do ceilings than walls too.

I'm the same i quite like doing ceilings, although there can be plenty of swearing with some artex ones!

Nothing like stepping backand looking up at a perfectly flat, smooth ceiling at end of a set and saying " I done that!" I love em!

if you use stilts it is alot easier quicker and better finish, id much rather do ceilings than walls too.
av never tried stilts yet ad prob brake me neck a just use a step it pisses me off havin to keep movin it tho might give them a go

Have you ever seen any one fall on stilts? so funny not very graceful, ceiling fixer went flying on a set and he was telling me he been using them for years, had to go home as he done his wrist in.

I did hate them also but after last weekend where me and my mate done "5" im now starting to get used to them.
Artex on one of them aswell which does your head in a bit but its not half as much bother as they used to be.
Lately a lot of our jobs have been covering artex so you either take the job or you dont and at the end of the day its all money.
I think its just a confidence thing and as your confidence grows it become a lot easier.

Used to hate ceilings until I got my stilts. Now I love em. I spent about a week walking round the garden in em tho. (not all week of course). That said my lad left the whisk lead across the room the other day and I had to do a triple salco with twist to avoid falling. And I didn't spill a drop off me hawk! Class..

i like ceilings cause theres no windows :) 35-40m max per set though otherwise im troweling up with my shoulder!

I've done the odd 30m ceiling without a labourer but there can't even be many 40m ceilings in normal domestic housing ? Not that I'd fancy that on my own anyway, you need to think of your future. I'd rather be able to pick up the grandkids than sit in a chair with a buggered shoulder and elbow whilst telling them of my 40m ceilings.

i work mainly on comercial or site work and have never had any twinges?

Status
Not open for further replies.