A good day at the office

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Today we sprayed the top coat on the job where we had our "bad day at the office".
What a different day this was. Not a big area by any means but we turned up just before eight and had it sprayed on and ruled by nine thirty without any problems.:RpS_cool:
Not overly impressed with the Parmurex we sprayed though, it took forever to go off and we ended up finishing in the dark.

Did you have to spray it wetter than you could of done by hand?

Yes mate, I'm not sure we could have gone much stiffer as that puts the back pressure up if I understand it right and we were running at the correct level.
It's the one drawback as I see it, today we did the plinth on the same job using stiff S&C and it was put on, a short break and then rubbed up. Perfect.

I did a plinth below dpc yesterday on sbr in s&c. It took all day to go off, so much so that it was still to wet to float up at 3.30 (on by 9am) we gave it a skim of s&c before we left and it was just right for rubbing up this morning.

Seeing as we where finishing the job the today I called in a Wickes and picked up a bag of Lafarge rapid setting cement at a staggering £13.42p a bag! Got a mix out at 8.30 at 4:1 and put on 2 coats wet on wet on sbr again below dpc. 3 hours later set and nicely rubbed up! A bit expensive but worked well.

cant beat handballing it can you andy....sell the machine now while its still relatively clean!! :RpS_thumbsup:

cant beat handballing it can you andy....sell the machine now while its still relatively clean!! :RpS_thumbsup:

Clean, clean, you really don't know me do you young Steve. My kit including the newly raped Ritmo look like crap.
I do think there's plenty of times handballing will be best though Steve, but while the Ritmo's throwing it on the wall without problems it's just so effortless.

Last edited:
Was this on to a scratch coat andy? these materials are meant to be one coat same day.

If you sprayed on to a scatch coat then they do take ages, you need some draw and the waterproofer in them will stop that if not done in two passes same day.

Was this on to a scratch coat andy? these materials are meant to be one coat same day.

If you sprayed on to a scatch coat then they do take ages, you need some draw and the waterproofer in them will stop that if not done in two passes same day.

Yes mate it was a Parmurex top over a Monorex scratch onto Celcon blocks, all done as per the Parex tech guy I spoke to. Oh before you ask, yes, Microgobetis and fully meshed.

Today we sprayed the top coat on the job where we had our "bad day at the office".
What a different day this was. Not a big area by any means but we turned up just before eight and had it sprayed on and ruled by nine thirty without any problems.:RpS_cool:
Not overly impressed with the Parmurex we sprayed though, it took forever to go off and we ended up finishing in the dark.

All the bagged renders set slow as ****. And yes you can spray them stiffer. If the back pressure gets too high just slow it down a little. I can't believe I even care anymore.!!!!

Not to sure what Parmurex is? A mono? Could you have put it on the late afternoon before and finished the next morning.

Not to sure what Parmurex is? A mono? Could you have put it on the late afternoon before and finished the next morning.

It's just their bagged S&C mate, it was a float and sponge finish so needed doing before going home. I wouldn't sleep leaving it overnight.

he had to leave a sand and cement finish the other week which i diddnt want to leave but everyone else left and it wernt my job so fooked if im staying on me sweeney to finish it at all hours, but it worked out fine we just rubbed a sponge float over it to then floated it an sponge finished a treat

Last edited:
So you use a weaker as a base?

Because the scratch coat is twice as thick as the top coat it still works out that the top coat is weaker.
It sounded weird to me as well Steve but that's what Parex recommended.
I would have topped the whole job in Monorex GF but I, a: wanted to try the Parmurex and b: Penlaws didn't have any more GF in as it's not one of their normal stock items.

Status
Not open for further replies.