A glass like finish to render

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickyboy

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum, recommended by a plasterer mate I've worked with before. I'm a general builder and do quite a bit of plastering. I have recently been asked about a glass like finish to render, you see it internally on a lot of old agricultural type buildings around Devon as it's easy to clean and keep clean. I've not had any experience of trying to obtain this finish and wondered if there is anybody out there who could help? Any ideas would be greatly appriciated!

all the rage up here, git to work with mind with a you keep banging into the fooker 7-30-alena3.jpg :RpS_lol:

on a serious note not sure but you could be on about VENETIAN MARBLE PLASTERING?

Alright bud? Erm I don't know bout glass like render but there's info on marble like plastering?? If that's the thing? Have a look around, it's a great place, wallcrete, clay, marble,dri lining, plasterin, even dampness, politics take yer pick? Banter and abuse is also available, without request. And not forgetting A laff also! Just make sure ppe is worn at all times, hard hat is a must, enjoy:RpS_lol::RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited:
You are referring to jobs done with "keene's cement", we used it loads on farm boskins and it milking parlours years back.
Yes it polishes up smooth and does have a glass like appearance, easy to clean etc.
I know I was bought up on a farm

Rock on !

Not a baa'hd thing bb? Rock on :RpS_thumbsup:.. Mmmmmm did you raise some chooks as a boy??? :RpS_sneaky:

Fatarm,

we had sheeps,cows,geeses,chickins and a donkey.

Parents now have a bambi farm with llamas, chickins an gooses.

mmmm, them bambis dont arth taste yum.

Rock on !

Dont know about a glass like finish but if you want a smooth finish on sand & cement for internal work then just apply as normal then when its time rub up with a poly float to remove any high spots and fill any hollows then let it take up a bit more then go over it with a steel trowel in a circular motion applying pressure and this will close the surface but make sure the trowel is well broken in to avoid the corners catching the wall .Hope this helps .

yes done this alot in farm buildings and stables as above just s and c as normal flout steel trowel i use a skiming one or a swiming pool trowel works well

Thank you all for your welcomes and advice, I'll have try with the methods suggested to see what I can do. I too, like bubblebobble am a farm boy turned builder, not a bad upbringing! We had this finish on our old milking parlour, probaly done at least 40 years ago so keenes cement sounds plausible. I don't spose it's still available though.

Status
Not open for further replies.