A few rendering questions - old stone house

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3rick

Hi guys, well this is my first post and I suppose as is usually the norm it's a plea for advice haha.
I'm a semi experienced plasterer, (if there is such a thing!) and I'm taking on a bit of a project. Its a house built from stone that I'm stripping back and re-rendering.
Plan is to create a smooth, rubbed up or dashed finish, (I've not totally decided which I prefer) bands around the windows and quoins up the corners.
I've done a fair bit of rubbing up render and slap dashing but I've never started from scratch on a stone building.
Can anyone offer any advice on what is best to use for bonding to and building out from the stonework. Also some advice for forming bands and quoins. I've read Kirk's very informative guide on the quoins but any more help and advice is very welcome....

Thanks!

Most - if not all - old stonework would be ideal for a lime render/plaster. But most customers will not pay for it. A S&C system will last for 20-30 years easily, regardless of the damage it is doing to the building :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.