A few questions??!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marky1981

Finish working for the Police this Friday to pursue a Career in the Plastering Trade... I have looked into a couple of courses that i will look to embark on in the next couple of months once i have gained some labouring experience and more importantly raised some green! :)

I am based in Oxford and found a City and Guilds 1 week course at The South West Plastering School (though they run the course locally in Swindon).

The other course is the 10 day Gold Trowel in Essex... obviously i don't want to be cutting corners, though still want to take a course that is value for money. I wondered how many of you had been on the above 2 courses and how good you found them? just need some help in making a decision, as i've spoke to both training centres and they obviously both sell themselves! :)

Finally, just wondered if there were any Plasterers in the Oxford area looking for a Labourer? No previous experience, but very hardworking.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks M

hey mate not sure on the corses sorry but im in swindon so not far from you :cool:
sorry not looking for labourer either as i still do alot of work with my dad.

good luck.

aj

i dont think you can do a city and guilds in one week it wont give what you need to learn 1 week may only give you a certain module but what you want to be looking at is a 6 week ica this will give you a city and guilds and i would also advise on taking the nvq option aswell.
then you can progress from there.

saying that doing a weeks course first would be good to give you a taster and see if you can do it and if you enjoy it.

south west school of plastering im sure is in wellington, somerset.

So am I right in thinking you're leaving the Police to do plastering but have never done it?
I only ask cos I'm a copper and have been plastering for about 8 years alongside it.
I ain't a bad spread but there's no way I think I'm good enough to dump the old bill just yet.
(plus I got 26 years of pension to collect)
;)
Just wodnered

it starts to make sense...i definatelt aint arguing with u...

lol. Well you know. it pays the bills!
Plastering buys beer, and cars, and holidays!!!!!!!
;D

So am I right in thinking you're leaving the Police to do plastering but have never done it?
I only ask cos I'm a copper and have been plastering for about 8 years alongside it.
I ain't a bad spread but there's no way I think I'm good enough to dump the old bill just yet.
;)
Just wodnered

Yes dpbed,

now left the police to pursue plastering, but never done it before! I was office based with the Police for 5 years and just needed the change! :)

Hi Marky1981, there's no way that you can do City &Guilds in one week unless you have been on the Trowel for sometime like others have said. I did a mine at Goldtrowel. Say no more. Whatevrer people say if you want to get into it, go for it, your not to old to learn and get on with it. Got all my qual via the above as this country have sold themselves so I'm off to OZ shortly. Hope that helps. Anyway what you should do is visit the training centre prior to booking then you will know what you will get for your money, that's what I did. Went to those peop[le in dartford, didn't like,they have lilited knowledge, and area I know of 2 people that I met on my C & G and they felt the same that's why they went to the others. Anyway got to go all the best griff 500

Well what ever else you decide to do - DO NOT GO WITH ABLE SKILLS!! - their about as useful as a nob flavored lollipop

;)
Just wodnered

Yes dpbed,

now left the police to pursue plastering, but never done it before! I was office based with the Police for 5 years and just needed the change!  :)

Well good luck mate.
Best advice I can give is... expect it not to go to plan. It probably won't
Best bit about it is you're your own boss. Any management f**k ups are all yours.
You know what I mean!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.