70's & 80's kids

Lastlaff

IMG_3520.JPG
Remember these sweets anyone - I could smell the Parma Violets through the wrapping paper. Sherbert Fountain, Black Jacks, Fizz Wizz. Gonna trough the lot before the kids get home.

Used to love Black Jacks. Pocket money well spent in my opinion. Always put extra in the penny sweet pot. In the hope the guy behind the counter wouldn't actually count them up.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I remember being quite scared by fizz whizz when I first tried it. Texan bars were amazing, I'd warm them in the micro for a few seconds now.

Rhubarb and custard, the lady in the post office would pour them onto the scales from the jar. Straight into a paper bag which would go all sticky in my pocket. I'd normally get a set of panini football stickers aswell with my pocket money.

Cough candy, aniseed balls - fruit salads & black jacks used to be only 1/2 p when I was a kid...great days lol

View attachment 15256 Remember these sweets anyone - I could smell the Parma Violets through the wrapping paper. Sherbert Fountain, Black Jacks, Fizz Wizz. Gonna trough the lot before the kids get home.

That was are munchy kit after few joints of leaf when we were 11 yrs old :rock:. Scary even thinking what I was up to when a kid. I'm looking at my own kids that age and they still believe in Santa. Me, I was out help make petrol bombs and up to all sorts in war torn belfast in my teens. So much for trip down memory lane after seeing this OP, mines pains me even thinking about it :llorando:

Last edited:
That was brill - remember it like it was yesterday. Who ever wrote that ad must have been of it on acid
Indeed an era of mr. Ben (still think should of been made into film) rubarb n custard ,magic roundabout, herb garden , bag puss, Ludwig (some odd egg thing) defo some drug fueled minds created these shows.

Free school milk !!little bottles and often warm as left in the yard in the sun and maybe peck holes off the sparrows little feckers.you was having it if you wanted it or not !! End of.

Free school milk !!little bottles and often warm as left in the yard in the sun and maybe peck holes off the sparrows little feckers.you was having it if you wanted it or not !! End of.
Haha......did you get orange juice in a sort of triangle thing that the corner had to be cut off for you to get a drink??

We had a crazy Geography teacher that would hang you by your feet out of the window...if you woke him up.

I used to like those sweets called Spangles especially the yellow grapefruit ones proper tart those ones. The dark brown ones were rank like cough sweets

Chewy Spearmint Pacers - used to get stuck at the top of your mouth, a quick retch would de-lodge it....carry on chewing